Mental Health Forums

Dont Know Who I Can Trust

SoppyCow96

I basically have no family.I never my mums side of the family until January this year.They said a load of stuff like im sorry we wasnt there for you etc and said they loved me? Can you love someone you have only just met? One minute they act caring the next they are just cold to me.I dont know if they actually care or not.I want to be able to trust them but dont want to get hurt.

Trust is hard, I feel for you.

I think it's something that can be built over time though, perhaps just take your time with it and get to know them. If we trust people then we risk getting hurt but if we don't ever trust anyone then we might not have strong relationships, it's a tricky one :-/

Thank you what you said made perfect sense.Guess ill just see how it goes with them :) x

• 1 month later...

Sometimes family are a curse. The carry diseases through the bloodline, and hoard treasures.

Take this opportunity to escape and start life anew with a new accomplice.

I basically have no family.I never my mums side of the family until January this year.They said a load of stuff like im sorry we wasnt there for you etc and said they loved me? Can you love someone you have only just met? One minute they act caring the next they are just cold to me.I dont know if they actually care or not.I want to be able to trust them but dont want to get hurt.

Go by your gut instinct.

I'm not a parent, so I cannot say if your mum has a bond, just because she is your mother.

My own (not very well) mum used to abuse her position and convinced me she was always right, but in reality, she is a grown wounded child stuck in whatever age her trauma happened.

She is false and it's cringeworthy to be around her.

I personally don't believe my mum is capable of loving me.

I am not being nasty.

My mum is mentally ill, but possibly too scared to face what is really going on in her head.

I know she is mentally ill, because only a wounded damaged psyche would do the cruel things she did, and say the cruel things she said.

I've washed my hands of my family. Theyre only in my life because they moan if I pull away or distance myself, so I have the minimum contact, cards on special occasions to keep em quiet.

That's just my mum, but I had to get way past forty to see what was going on in my head, and in my family, prior to that I thought I was the one in the family with the problem, but I seem the most sane.

Dunno what your family are like, but just cos they share your DNA, does not mean you are obligated to them.

On the other hand, if you get a genuine good feeling from them, then good luck.

But always listen to your instincts, and for anyone who says they cannot access thier instincts, look in the direction of your emotions as they lead to intuition.

I never knew what love was, but now that I have found out, I feel that I can sense true love in a wink of an eye.

Archived