Mental Health Forums

A Cuddle, A Caring Person...

AppleCrumble

I wish people would adopt each other...

I used to want to adopt some grandparents to care about when I was growing up, I kind of did when I worked at a nursing home. They were lovely, said I was like a daughter to them, and remembered my name even after I'd been away for a few months. I wish more people would adopt each other, care for them like family, look after them, and be nice to them...

It would be lovely to have a caring mother figure, like some of the people I wanted to adopt me as I was growing up... I still crave for them. I want them to send me a little message, to care again, but I know they won't, and I know they don't want to :-(

you have such a sweet nature, i also have felt like this and did some volunteering to get me a granny, which i did she is great and yes i do treat her like family, and it is lovelry to have them even just to remember your name ... its a warm feeling indeed, so yeah people do care ..... and i do get your longing cos i get it often since i lost my gran,

i dont actually want a mother figure that has long past me by .... but i do tend to mother others and i would pm you when ever you wanted ac x

Yeah..I wished for that person everyday since i can remember...
i used to imagine people coming to "save me", adopt me, and love me..and i would love them too...
But after all theses years ...it is just a dream...
I can understand and relate a lot to what you sad..
:bigarmhug[1]: hugs

Totally understand.

I was always like this

but now im in my late 40s

im a bit like jelly

i like to b the mothr figure

and look after everyone

i think in someways

its the same but instead im caring

for others which filled my need of wanting to b wanted

if that makes sense.

Its kinda like well i never got that caring person to look after me so i became one instead.

Well, I find there's a lot of good and caring people here. Thinks it's a trait that develops in people who lived through hard times and it's something for us to be proud of. Think we tend to be more sensitive and open-minded. Sending you lots of friendly smile and hugs for who want. :)

Thanks everyone. Yeah I do feel I try to mother others when I can, and make an extra effort. I wondrr if this is why I dont want children of my own but I love being around kids and looking after them etc. I dont get the chance very often though :-( yeah I hoped I'd be adopted by someone. No chance eh with having two parents who are relatively prominent in the community etc. Appreciate all your replies you're all lovely :-) xxxxxxx

Hey, Hie.. I am not this old but yes all i can say is that the people of my age or even younger ones wants someone to care, love and support them like a "Motherly figure".. i am going through the toughest time of my entire life.. and at this moment if i am having someone with me, they are my parents.. many of my friends have lost there parents or even their parents are unable to show there love and care enough to make them comfortable.. you can search for some of them.. life is not about finding someone who could love and care for you but to find someone with whome you can share your love and care.. :-)

And if in any case you are unable to find someone then adopt a child, not too small, and love him like a mother.. i am sure that child will always love you back and you will feel satisfied that you gave a wonderful life to someone.. :-)
Hope the best comes to you..
Best wishes..
lymedisease

• 3 weeks later...

I am an advocate and active participant in hugs...I think it's the friends we find along troubled ways that become like family, maybe even closer than that as you dont have the same obligatory ties to them, just an emotional understanding of each other. It is true that we choose these people...even online :)

Loads and loads of cuddles to you xx

I also need hugs :( *sad panda*

we'll get ours one day Applecrumble.....think of it this way I'm 26 and I"ve already met lots of zazzy people over the years.....so in the next I'm bound to meet more and at least one of them is going to have to give me a half decent hug so....

zing zing zing

lol we'll get ours one day!

in the meantime *long distance air hugs for everyoneeeee* (be gentle though I have tender old lady bones today lol)

Gosh! This is me totally. I lost my mum when i was 9, i would LOVE someone to adopt me even though i'm 22 :( Wish my real ma was here though!

Archived