Mental Health Forums

Will Treatment Be Forced Upon Me?

rufusmoo

Morning again...

Been wondering and worrying.

What will happen in terms of mental health teams if I continue binging/purging/restricting and continue losing

weight?

I refuse to tell them what I weigh and am incredibly vague with them about it but I think my CPN is getting a

bit more forceful about this now and forcing me to address it.

I had a bad dissosociated episode recently and drove myself into a psychotic state and freaked my family out. She says it's due to lack of sleep and screwed up chemicals caused my lack of nutrician-I don't think she'll let this one go and TBH she shouldn't.

If I accept/ ask for help i'll get fat and want to die-I can't get fat I just can't x

in terms of eating they can section you under mh act if your dangerously underweight i.e. close to death and drip feed you. think thats the only way they can force you to do anything tho. hope it doesnt get that bad for you xx

hmmm tricky one. I think if you continue to binge and purge and it gets serious then I think they would have to take action, but like Pandora said, I think that would be if you were close to death. After all, it's you that must want to get better for yourself. If they force you, then you'll just keep relapsing because it's not what you want. Please think about whats more important and I hope you get the help you need soon! *hugs* x

Hi Rufus, I don't know the answer to your question but just wanted to give you a hug as I crossed your thread. Hold on dear. ;-)

Hi ruff, your battlying a number of issues and it has been said unless ur a harm to urself no one will control if u understand. As said if ur really underweight or with probs like u having probs with ur minerals or other vits and u become really ill, they cant do anything. You have actually not helped urself, as u wont tell them things, so what can they do? The person who could help u wont make u fat, they will help u look at nurtrition and how to keep a certain weight and keep healthy. sry if not much help.

Thanks for all your replies.

I asked for help today and accepted I was ill and need help...

It's like... Hello, my name is Rumoo and I'm an anorexic,bulaemic... x

Hey, good that you asked for help, it's a small step but it's so important for recovery. Be proud of it.

• 5 months later...

Thats not always the case, they can section someone if they are a normal weight yet don't eat for long periods and if there physical health is suffering for example, blood tests coming back positive for certain conditons.

Archived