Mental Health Forums

Misdiagosis

christinaLMT

i have recently been diagnosed with adhd but i dont think i have it i think its more im up and down all the time for a few weeks ill feel depressed like i just drag myself through my day then after i feel bursting with energy like i can do anything like today i wanna get out of the house and go different places i cant think straight i feel my thoughts are racing out of control ifeel scared and anxious like i dont wanna to be alone i keep seeing things and thinking my phone has gone off when it hasnt i feel jumpy and ive been really snappy i dont kn ow what to do!

I think it would be best if you go back to whoever diagnosed you or asked to gain access to another psych to get a second opinion. It may very well be the case that you do have ADHD but from the sounds of it there is more going on for you and you're struggling with it. So it would be best for you to contact someone to help you get the right help for you! xx

I'd really urge you to see if you can get a second opinion- it may be the case that things have changed or you have more/ different symptoms. Either way if you find that your experience is a problem for you and is affecting you functioning how you want then it's best to reach out for help : )

sometimes they get dx wrong so go with what you feel you are the best judge of you so i would ask for a 2nd opinion too. good luck mtm x

Archived