Mental Health Forums

Struggling

SoppyCow96

Cant make my mind up about something.Im frustrating myself.I want a friend someone to talk to because im lonely and i think it would be good for me to have someone here for meSo ive been chatting to new people even meeting up with them and i quite like the look of some of them for a potiential friend.But theres a problem.

Im the problem.

The only person thats stopping me from having friends is myself.Ive started pushing them away partly because i dont think i can handle getting hurt again and partly because i dont want to end up hurting them.So as soon as i start getting along with them i push them away then i start talking to them and then push them away again.

The decision ive got to make is whether to take that big jump sometimes i want to then i decide against it.

Why cant i just make my mind up?!.

Its a vulnerable feeling to expect others to be there for you. In my life I have run across a handful of people I would love to be friends with and only a few times did I allow myself to pursue those friendships, which have remained very meaningful to me, but hurt when there are periods of long quiet, or they got married and moved on in their life.

the ones I didn't pursue was because I simply felt like I it meant way too much for me be want to be liked back, I would have loved to have them as a best friend and I knew the cards would be stacked from the beginning, so I just accepted the initial pang, of what might have been and moved on.

With my MH, I really need friendships that are enduring, loyal, silly, and spontaneous.

Archived