Mental Health Forums

Misdiagnosed

Sparko

My CPN is really confusing me, I'm diagnosed with PD predominantly BPD. Last time we met he told me that my symptoms were PTSD and that he was going to refer me for psychotherapy and spend some time with me getting ready for the therapy. Today he told me he's not sure that I need psychotherapy and that he thinks iv been misdiagnosed and rather than PD being my main problem it is something to do with my thinking or the way my brain works, when I questioned what he thought was wrong with me he didn't really say at all. He then said he thought he was missing something with me and Ahhhhh I'm just going on now.

I'm feeling annoyed, confused upset end mental :-(

I dont blame you for feeling that way. It would drive me up the wall!

Elke

Go to someone else who knows what he´s talking about and takes his time to listen to you before jumping to 10 conclusions.

Thanks Elke

Thing is I don't have anyone else to go to, the GP always tells me to speak to the CPN if I say anything mental health related. I'm starting to feel like I'm not gonna get any help again, this is not good because I really couldn't cope last time. Everything is building up and my head is like the tv when you keep flicking through channels /-(

From what u said your CPN has no bother in trying to diagnose u, but if u have a cpn you should have a pcsycatirist who knows. so your gp is a bit beyond in what really and who should be telling u what u have.

I have a psychiatrist who I have only met once, I don't see him regularly because I have the CPN. My appointment with him is not till July. Barbones I don't really understand what you said, sorry this is not cuz of you just I'm really struggling today

cpn's cant diagnose, only a psychiatrist can diagnose. could you ask for an appt with yours if you want to sort out your dx?

Thanks Pandora, I understand that only the Psyk can diagnose but I don't know if I should see them or not. Iv asked my partner to speak to my CPN and ask him what he is talking about, the psyk and the CPN have contact so his decision would be informed by CPN anyway seen as the psyk does not know me at all. Whether I'm diagnosed is not really the problem, it's more the inconsistency of the CPN and me not being able to think or communicate properly with anyone :/(

Archived