Mental Health Forums

Just Passed Out-Scary

rufusmoo

Oh my goodness,

Every morning when I get up I am faint and awful and there have been many time where I crawl on my hands and knees to the bathroom and yesterday I could have sworn I had some kind of mini fit-body shaking, couldn't control myself-dizzy-didn't know if I was dead or alive and then I came around after some seconds.

This morning I completely collapsed. Got so dizzy, confused, shaking that I just went down and banged my back badly on a door. My friend found me nearly having a panic attack and well disorientated.

I feel dizzy a lot of the time when I stand up but it goes after a few a bit.

Think my anorexia is reaching new peaks of crapness :crying:

What is this? I drink enough x

Even if you are drinking enough, not eating means your electrolytes, which come from minerals/salt/sugar etc in your diet that are crucial for bodily function, are getting low, very low. If you think of it like an electrical current, you need these electrolytes for the system to conduct, without it, the light will go out. Drinking lots of water will dilute the balance, so that you have weaker levels of electrolytes, so even if you are drinking lots, you will still be low in these vital elements in your system.

Sounds like you really need to start eating something, I know that sounds silly, given you have anorexia, but if you can't eat, you need to get yourself to the doctors. xxxx

Hi. AppleCrumble explained it, if you're so dizzy I'm worried about your electrolytes, or maybe it was hypoglycemia. If it could be fixed by taking vitamins or minerals, would you go to the doctor? Take care dear. Many good hugs to you.

Liquid meals. Obviously you don't want to eat. You don't want to gain weight. Anorexia is a mental battle. I don't have anorexia myself... I never have, however I have obsessed about my weight all my life, and this year have gone through periods of almost no eating and no appetite. Periods spent not wanting to eat and feeling ill, with no appetite and losing weight, but medication induced. I certainly didn't want to gain weight, but knew that I had to have something as having nothing at all will seriously fuck up your metabolism and given time you can fuck it up for good... among other things.

Liquid meals - protein shakes (mix in some fruit), are a good way to have some sustenance... without weight gain. I'm not trying to encourage eating disorder here, but instead give an option. Vitamins and minerals are useless without actual food. And by protein shakes I don't mean the grocery store bought crap like "Ensure" and the like. Choose something as natural as possible without added sugars etc. I found that I could take those, and not collapse and not gain weight.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the damage you do by not eating... hair loss, sarcopenia, organ damage, etc etc... but it's a mental disorder.

Archived