Mental Health Forums

Biodanza

delusionaldolly

Hello all,

Wondering if anyone's been to do some biodanza? I went to my first group last weekend, which is run by the counsellor that I'm seeing. At first I was wary...dancing around with some middle aged hippies, but by God it's good! If you let yourself go with the music and suspend any feeling of self-consciousness, it can be amazing. I haven't felt that free in years!

For anyone who doesnt know what it is, it's a type of freestyle dancing based on Spanish "danza" (you dont have to be able to dance! bonus!) which focuses on movement, touch and positivity. Sounds a bit off the wall, but believe me, it's very, very cool :)

Apparently there's a big group going on in Bristol in June, if anyone's interested in trying it out.

Highly recommended for letting loose and feeling a bit of bliss.

Love&light,

Dolly xx

Bristol you say... that's feasible and it does sound interesting! Is it *too* out there hippy or is it just the right amount of oddball fun? Is there any info about it anywhere?

Just the right mix of dance and oddballness...I wasnt too sure to begin with, but actually all your doing is letting go of your ego and self-consciousness for an hour or so and doing what feels natural. It's loads of fun!

I'll find out about the dates etc and post on here...here's wikipedia's link for biodanza, but dont believe everything you read on tinterweb :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biodanza

Archived