Mental Health Forums

Don't Think I've Posted In Here Before!

AppleCrumble

After feeling like utter rubbish on Thursday/Friday, in tears and really not happy - and on Saturday morning I was almost thinking of not bothering to go to a friend's birthday do due to having to spend 2 hours travelling to get there, and another 2 hours back, all for what sounded like it was only going to be for a quick hour as she hadn't really bothered communicating what was going to happen.... but anyway, I dragged myself to the train station - feeling really anxious self conscious, hating myself all the way. My acne is really bad at the moment and I never really bother with makeup as I think it just looks obvious that I'm trying to cover up spots, so doesn't improve my face at all... my mum/sister don't wear makeup so I've never really had anyone to teach me... so I arrived in the other city and walked to the persons house.

We had a nice chat in the car, and played LaserQuest which was really good fun. I like the activities where you don't have to talk too much... and then there was no real plan for afterwards, so I'd worried that I'd just have to head home again, but we all went via a shop and bought nibbles and ice cream, and sat in the park eating and playing piggy in the middle with a rugby ball, and it was really good fun. I like playing a bit rough, and everyone else is seemingly a little bonkers as well. We spent quite a few hours in the park, then it was time to head home.

Lots of noisy drunks on the trains, but I survived. It was a good day in all. I'm sitting out again in the sun today, trying to do some more work, just tidying up my work rather than doing the scary big chunk that I am avoiding... all needs to be done anyway...

So yeah Yesterday improved my week definitely. Still a little on edge, and wish my face would clear up, but glad that something good happened yesterday. Cats are behaving themselves a little better and my little girl slept on my chest as she used to before we got the new kitties, so that was lovely :-)

Anyone else out in the sunshine today? xxx

Archived