Mental Health Forums

......newbie Here.......

dbtzombie

Hi....

Where to start.....The stats about me? The diagnosis? Treatment? Or how the heck I have ended up the person I am......and where I'm going from here......

Stats: Sarah, 35, single (not interested in relationship), pet lover, terribly short and currently overweight. Hobbies: cross-stitch, reading, knitting, crochet, TV, and gardening (when I can be bothered!).

Diagnosis: BPD, PTSD, Depression, EDNOS (previously - not current).

Treatment: Currently in a DBT programme, previous therapies include: general counselling, some CBT, and a few weeks of CAT (till self-harm went through the roof). Current drug regimen: quetiapine 75mgs @ night (I take other meds for physical illness). This is probably the least psychiatric medication I have ever taken, have been prescribed so many different meds in the past, my previous psychiatrist asked me what I thought would work and what I wanted to take lol.

So, all about why I'm here......easy answer.....my childhood.

Abuse by my mother, step-father, 2 uncles and a family friend.

My step-father was the only person prosecuted.....9 months in prison.....out in half that time for 'good behaviour'.

My mother and him knew how to work the 'system'. Immediately back into the family home for abuse to continue.

Went into fostercare @ 15, assaulted by a friends boyfriend, had a termination.

Once I had left care, was involved in several tempestuous relationships, ending up in a women's refuge.

Then I went into supported accommodation, which worked ok, for a while, till my behaviour repeatedly sabotaged it.

Currently live in my own place. Sometimes things are ok, other times everything is chaos, order and peace are craved.

My emotions are dysregulated, my behaviours - not to be desired. But, deep within, there is a butterfly waiting to find her wings.

This is only a brief summary, there is so much more....... I look forward to meeting people, sharing journeys, laughing, crying, smiling, trusting.

Sarah.

Hi Sarah,

Hope that you find the forum useful, there's lots of people here with loads of different experiences to support you and give you advice as you find your way to recovery and building the life you want. Hopefully we will see your inner butterfly develop and rise above your difficulties, can already see a glimmer in your intro : )

Looking forward to getting to know you and sharing your journey for a while.

Kit

Thanks Kit, the glimmer is there, am just so unsure a great deal of the time....

Looking forward to getting to know you too :)

Welcome Sarah,

Only been here a few weeks myself, but this is a great place to be, everyone is friendly and really supportive. You are not alone!

To re-iterate what Kit said, you can definately tell that the butterfly's wings are on their way, you are so clear in explaining yourself, and the first step to getting yourself back on track is to know what the problem is, which you clearly do.

Hope you have a lovely day my dear, and write what you need to when you need to, we'll all be here.

Love,

Dolly xx

(((dbtzombie))) Hello and :welcomeani: .xxx Apologies for being a bit slow in coming forwards re welcoming...................really hope you will enjoy these forums, tis a bit quiet at mo though.xxx Think we all be having quiet pensive time.xxx Roll on, lots of sunshine days one after the other.............sure it will help.xx Welcome.xx

Archived