Mental Health Forums

Scared Disguised In A Pickle

bellaboo

Hello all hope you are all well

Haven't been on for a while and just really need some sort of advice or a place to speak

Basically and this is not pretty so feel free to stop reading now .

I have been having treatment for boderline anorexia and had got in a state with constipation I was having less starve days and just sticking to my restriction still but some days having a little more. I had been struggling to go for about 2 weeks but going a little then went away as had a panic attack got signed off work etc... And had not been for 3 weeks I took a sennokot which helped then back to no movement and started bloating up and getting bad pain like cant move pain. Was given fybogel made everything worse bloated up bad and nothing happened now been given laxido I've drunk about 2 litres off stuff not much happening but I feel massive I put on 4lb is this just the liquid and swelling will thus go or am I stuck huge and swollen and not going forever. I'm really distressed by it all and everything's on hold until it works. I feel like I literally put on a stone and I tried to eat bit more to push through but now its all just there making me giant . I don't want to go to my monitoring weigh in s I just want it to be over . Please help if anyone's taken this stuff before :(

That's mostly liquid, most of that will pass through.

Lots of fluid would make a person feel very blaoty and swollen, especially if on top your constipated.

This will pass I promise.

I sincerely hope you can stay focused on your recovery! Good on you for eating more! Things that help constipation; prums, gingerbread, fiber like muesli and enough fluids but youre getting those now.

Just wanted to add, Ive had anorexia, the struggle to overcome it is worth it. The anxiety passes if you keep facing it and youll find yourself feeling much more alive. I hope youre also getting help to deal with the underlying issues.

Im cheering you on!

Thanks lily I am getting help I'm really confused at the moment bout it.

I tried prune juice and fibre but it gives me terrible gas and pain. I feel like everything just sitting and am bloated beyond belief I'm freaking out that ill be like this forever or it won't work and that weight will still be there. In my head I desperately wanna loose as I really don't think I need to gain but I want to continue with help at same time but right now I'm house bound and huge . Thank you so much good to hear its worth it in end xx

Do you think youre confused because on the one hand you want help and on the other you don't?

Can you maybe decide to have mixed feelings, that that's ok for now. You will continue anyway as youre willing to see if you can be happier then you are now?

Don't listen to all your scared mind talk, logically you know, the calm part of you knows this will not last.

Maybe this is the time to emerge yourself in an activity you really like, get out of your head a bit. It wont fix anything to keep going in circles.

those u r taking didnt help me when i had it bad

movicol worked much better

Also linseed seeds. You put a few tablespoons in warm water mix it and drink it all. U have to do this every day. Takes a few days but works really well and is good to keep up permanently.. Cant remember if i had this twice a day at the beginning but its a better natural treatment.

Hope u get some relief soon xx

Thanks emogirl

I think laxido is just the new name for movicol I did have movicol just for maintenance before but I didn't take it as I really struggle with feeling bloated which linseed everything else do, but maybe it goes if ya stick to it. I got impacted so have had to have 8 sachets a day its doing stuff just watery ( sorry you didn't need to know that ) but bloating not going I'm worried the weight gain that happened over night is real I think I just feel out of control . Thank you for you advice maybe when this is over ill try linseeds to carry on, I had aloe juice which helped but when I stopped got bad and then all back logged hence the large dose of laxido. I feel even more isolated from everyone than I did before and freaking out really.

Thank you xx

Thanks Lilly yes I think your right I'm in two minds but if I don't continue going ill loose my partner, I've already lost lot of work and now not working but now in a horrible lazy pointless place and obviously now stuck at home drinking 3 litres of horribleness. It all got too much working with the ed ( job is very active) but that fuelled it too but I hate not being active but couldn't be so started to feel less and less in control bigger and bigger so now I feel like why do I need to gain how can I feel worse, this lead to lowering intake as not active and then constipation got worse. I can feel the fat building up and feel have no control of getting it out my system as things not functioning and now I'm just stuck with a load of laxido gurgling around my insides heavier sluggish lazy isolated just stuck. Sorry to moan and go on . Thank you xxx

Archived