Mental Health Forums

Do You Believe?

melanie30

if someone plays mind games with you and makes up excuses all the time and lies they will be like that with you forever? they will never change?

I guess it depends on how aware they are of what they're doing. If they want to change. I believe that if someone wants to change for themselves, then they can x

But some ppl play games with your mind and make u believe they want to change but actually they dont they just playing mind games.

I think it depends on if the person is a) aware of their behaviours B) wanting to change and is kept under the pressure to change (such as by having negative consequences to their actions that they will want to avoid in future) and c) whethr they are given the right environment to be able to change... For example I know my critical negative sometimes bullying behaviour towards mybhusband is bad. I know it's unfair to him. I know it affects our relationship as we now behave as if we are not in a relationship. I am aware of my behaviour and itsnimpact on him and on us, and I want to avoid causing him more harm and our relationship harm and the consequences our bad relationship has on my mental welllbeing. I think the thing that pushes me to change is when I get upset by how unclose we are now and that I'm upset by it. Given the right therapy and hopefully a willingness of my partner, patience in trying things out, we might get somewhere... although I do worry that in the end we may not actually be suited to each other.... Don't know if that helps... I think it's a very complex thing and it really needs a lot of things to line up before change is possible, and there are a lot of barriers but I do hope and believe that change can happen. We do need to learn to live in the moment and be very awarw of our behaviours towards others... which is hard!

• 3 weeks later...

Some people will change as part of the game.

the Worst deceivers will change their spots as part of mind games to confuse and baffle you.

they may even change into someone virtuous and good, but really they are still playing the game with you.

The only option is to deprive them on one of life necessities. For example you could deprive them of cooked food.

see how they react in deprivation.

if someone plays mind games with you and makes up excuses all the time and lies they will be like that with you forever? they will never change?

People change if they want to change, but someone as described above, is probably not mature enough to even realise they need to change or they will be very lonely and despised.

Archived