Mental Health Forums

Misdiagnoses

Sparko

My cpn thinks i have asperges! No one understands me, can't explain myself to anyone, have so many problems but can't sort them out. I'm confused, lost, scared and alone :-(

((((Sparko))))......You are definitely not alone, but I hear that you feel that way right now.xxx How do you feel truly about what CPN has said & how long has she known you?

Hey Pickle thank u hun

I honestly don't know.

when they diagnosed me with, GAD, BPD, PTSD I wasn't surprised but although this is not a diagnosis I had never considered that I might have Asperges, but after reading up it would certainly explain a lot. I've been seeing this CPN ( it's a man, lol) for a few months but he keeps saying he thinks he has been missing something with me, which I find confusing :-/.

He does not think I have PD at all, which is a good thing if was true but I think that's just because I've been not so bad whilst seeing him. At the mo my head is in crisis tho and I keep trying to communicate this ( without doing something bad) but no one is hearing or understanding or listening to me :-/

((((Listening Sparko)))).xxx Whoops...........sorry about CPN gender...............

There are so many crossovers with peoples personalities and ways aren't there?....It must be so difficult, and not quick sometimes to really know what makes someone tick and what spectrum they fall into, especially if it is not the norm, whatever that may be :blink: . I bet you are doing loads of research into this now aren't you? :bigarmhug[1]: . That's a good thing, because by now you have learned lots of techniques and ways over the years to fit in, yes? Maybe even a bit of self diagnosing along with professional diagnosing, like maybe just being shy in social situations, and because of that, anxious when in them, and would actually prefer not to be if you had the choice?

Up until about 5 years ago Sparko I was really very ignorant about Aspergers/Autism Spectrum.............and BPD..............they have a lot of crossovers.........but there are also a lot of differences too

Maye this is what your CPN is referring to when He says he has been missing something............

Sending you hugs.xxx

I'm sorry about the gender of the CPN to, I did ask for a lady but I got him. Just imagining him in a dress but I don't think he would style it out as well as some of the trans people who I know :-)

I do avoid social situations most of the time. I tend to need Valium to endure them. I just feel awkward and stupid and people find me inappropriate, although I think I've got better at that.

I try not to self diagnose because I literally thing I have everything I read about paranoid or hypercondriact or something. Perhaps I need a proper diagnosis thing done by the Psyk :-/

When I got assessed by the CMHT initially to see if they wanted me to see the CMHT psychiatrist for a proper assessment, the girl thought I had something Aspergers-like... my dad definitely has something Aspergery, and anger management issues too... but then the CMHT psychiatrist said personality disordered/bpd stuff... I guess there is no proper help for aspergers, so it might be best not to get reassessed officially, as therapy for bpd might help more? xx

that is good advice apple crumble but i dont know if im gonna get therapy ... iv been kicked out of a TC and im struggling to convince them to get me psychotherapy and even if they do then the waiting list is 2 year.

thing is whether i have Aspergers or not i feel like i need to have therapy for my past traumas.

i dunno what to do now

Archived