Mental Health Forums

Awful First Meeting For Ed Help

rufusmoo

Goodness,

What an awful first meetingI had and possibly my last.

After a long long time I asked for help with my ED. I had to as it's killing my family and husband and I know my BMI is a bit under-16.5.

I knew it would be a barage of questions from the eating disorder nurse but I wasn't prepared for him to say...

Maybe we should just wait until your obsession turns to something else since you are obsessive in nature.

Maybe you don't need help at all and it'll just go by itself and turn into something else.

What? You've only had this 2 years...oh well that's not long what makes you think you'll be like this forever then.

My CPN turning to him and saying... Oh can I have 5 minutes I want to talk to you about another patient-IN MY MEETING!!!-My husband says they were talking about me really.

They wanted me to have bloods done and all that crap but I point blank refused. I have another meeting i 2weeks but I don't see what the point is. I've lost hope all ready.

What a load of poo x

Hello

I'm so sorry you have had a bad experience, this sounds terrible and really wrong. My bmi is not quite as low as yours and I have been treated a lot better and told the severity of the situation and given care plan etc.. Also have bloods and weight checked regularly. However I'm reluctant to change and I hear things prominently in my meetings which I turn into in my head as them saying its not that bad your not that bad and I'm not sure they understand how much of my life is wrecked and how many symptoms ed related or not are not taken seriously putting me in a complete stuck place. This being said I really don't think this sounds right and you should be getting the support and help you need, 2 yes is stil a long time and especially at such a low bmi is there somewhere else you can turn or do can you take your husband with you and be firm. You should not be fobbed off or feel unclear about their intentions or understanding of your situation. I hope this doesn't stop you from contributing you have made such a brave step and I hope you can find the help you really need to get better and have a healthy life I don't know were you live but were I am there are drop in places to discuss options and go through tasks therapy and monitored eating maybe have a look around. Take care

Hi Rufusmoo, sorry you had a bad experience with this. Sounds not very supportive, can understand you feel lost. I think you deserve a better help. Hope you don't give up and gets a better support soon. Maybe you could voice your worries and confusion next time you see them? Take care dear.

That sounds awful. How could they be like that ?

I wouldnt give up tho as u have waited so long and know u need help.

U could ask to see someone else ?

Keep pushing

good luck xx

I'm so so sorry this happened to you. (hugsssss)

Is there anyone else you can talk to?

Please don't give up though.. you will find that right person you connect with.

How they are being is them acessing how u are and also what u might be suffering from. If ur BMI is low thats why they asking u for bloods to see if u are losing vits and other stuff. Losing those things can cause alot of probs and they want to know how mulnuritist u are. You saying that u will refuse is in the end they will say is they cant do anything unless u want some help! I dont except them saying obsession in dealing with u, i think that was totaly wrong. However not sure how they deal with people with EDS and how they talk there, to me it does stink but u urself still need help. Sometimes we need to swallow it up to get further. Sry not best answer but understanding and really if u give up is they will also.

I too am sorry to hear you're experience was horrible, they didn't sound very professional. I'm currently getting help and I've only had mine just under a year so to have yours for over two years sounds so hard and almost unbearable! It shouldn't matter how long you've had it for. I used to have a fear of blood tests but I have had to get used to them, I still don't like them but I know I need them. They need to see if there's any significant inside damage and check electrolyte levels etc. Please try and continue but if you really don't feel happy you won't recover, you need to try and find someone who you can trust and stuff :-) good luck to you! X

Archived