Mental Health Forums

Liver Problems, Pain And Ill Feeling

bellaboo

Does or has anybody experienced problems related possibly to eds like illness and fatigue liver problems chronic pain. I've been experiencing a pain under my right rib which is there all the time and wakes me in the night with a fever. It seems to be getting worse and although I generally feel crap anyway starting to feel like I have flu constantly with moments of feeling more faint than usual. No one really listens anymore as they just say well all this will get better when nutrition is restored and calories uped. I'm struggling to follow my plans and I feel more unwell the more I try so end up giving up then too. I have problems with constipation which I'm in a hole with damned if I do damned if I don't but this new pain has flared up and I feel awful but know no one will help with (gp/ care team etc) wondering if anyone had had an experience of related illnesses pains symptoms etc ?

Much luv to all

Hi Bellaboo. I don't have experience on this but wanted to simply hug you. :bigarmhug[1]:

Hope it's nothing too serious. Let's see what the others say.

Hi bellaboo. You need to go and see ur doctor, get blood test and that. I only found out a few yrs ago when had scan that i have fatty liver disease, normaly that is down to Eds and alcohol and that. If u think u have a prob u need to get ur liver tested and they will and if u tell them about ur symtoms and past probs they will take that into account. What i know is that when people starve themselves and has Ed is that it could go into fatty liver. However saying that, u need to see proper doctor and say how ur feeling. Good luck xxx

Thankyou barebones

I'm having bloods done every two weeks not sure if it covers that. My gp knows about ed so whenever I tell him about it or other problems I'm having he just says well its cos your not eating enough which I get but I don't think I should be feeling this poorly. I've had eds for 10 yrs but never felt this poorly with pains etc before even at a lower weight. I'm going to go next week and hopefully I can explain properly.. When I get in there my head goes to mush and I play it down I don't know why :/ thankyiu

guess ur going through normal bloods for vits and stuff. If u explain that ur experiencing pain from this place and say ur worried and could they do a liver check. Prob also is in bloods it doesnt show fatty liver or other stuff, u need to tell him that the pain is bad and u want further action. I only found out about fatty liver with a scan for stones but then my liver stats wasnt to bad. I have medium fatty liver, that was 4 yrs ago, now fuk knows. Just really tell them and explain. xx

Thankyou barebones. Can you just ask for things to be checked I worry they will think I'm dramatic or being silly they just don't listen but I'm so exhuasted by it. Feel like so many diff pains feelings going on font know we're to start but if I try explain this pain and fever. I'm being monitored but my heads everywhere I forget to go every two weeks. Thankyou for your help

Archived