Mental Health Forums

Scared Me Into Action

Jelly-bean

My cousin is dying she lost her dad this time last year, and a few weeks later was dx with over 80% bladder cancer, which she had removed including her womb, and some of her bowel, she had been told let herself heal had check ups and nothing was picked up a few weeks they told her she had secondary bone cancer in her pelvic area.... now the other day they told her it's every where in her body and she has weeks to live not even a month...

What's made me think is I as my cousin have diabetes and I don't have control of it as my cousin didn't either I'm constantly getting bladder infections same as my cousin ... I have got to get control of my diabetes now to be honest I'm not good with taking my meds always been a issue with me same as my cousin.... I'm not saying I have cancer but I'd rather prevent and this is a wake up call for me .... I'm devastated for my cousin .... we were very close, at one point I offered to be her Seragat mum for her to have a chance of being a mum which she didn't take me up on the offer but I ment it and would have for her... love her .... and will miss her badly .... so yeah it's going to be hard to look after myself... but things have got to change for sure ....

I'm really sorry to hear about your cousin.. And ill be thinking of you all..its so sad. I am so glad this has made you think abt your condition tho. Altho there's no link to cancer not controlling ur diabetes will be affecting Your body in other ways. I know its hard to keep up with your meds and watch diet ect but itl Be so worth it. Diabetes is a controllable condition ..I know you say your on meds but are u on insulin too? Controlling it now wil prevent any health complications in the future. U should be proud of yourself for facing the fact u need to take it seriously. As for your cousin..I'm sure its going to be hard but u do need to look after yourself..have u thought abt Talking to someone to help you with this whole situation? Xx

U defo need to control your diabetes my bro didnt and needed a kidney transplant and is going blind. It can ruin your body if u dont look after it.

Sirry to hearof your cousin its a real shock and shocks often make us look at life in a diff way.

Good luck jelly hun xx

Archived