Mental Health Forums

Therapist Cut Off Point

berenger

i attend a mh centre for people with bpd, amongst other things You can ring before 12 and 4 to ask for a one to one for a few minutes, say ten or fifteen.

I had a big problem come up at 4 and i couldn't ring until 4 05. No one wrung and when i rang up they said it was because i was too late. Probably theyr are right but it left me feeling helpless and rejected. I was having dark thoughts, and i eventually took an overdose.

If no one else had rang up i feel it hard on me not to ring. In a temper yesterday i left a message on their answerphone saying i was angry with them , though i didn't swear

I just couldn't find a way to cope myself

(((((berenger))))) as it was only 5 minutes and you were obviously in distress it seems unfair that you were left to suffer.

It wouldn't have been anything personal but anything like that always feels personal. At the very least they could have been more understanding when you phoned up to ask why. But I'm sure you aren't the first person to be angry with them. I'm sure they've had worse messages from other people. They must deal with vulnerable people who have trouble controlling their emotions all the time.

I hope your ok, have you seen anyone about the overdose? I really hope you are ok.

Hi Berenger. I'm sorry you were left feeling like this. Have you seen anyone to check the overdose you took? I hope you are okay now. Take care dear.

Archived