Mental Health Forums

Feeling Upset About My Brother

Sparko

Iv just come out of a review for my brother, he is in care, brain damaged and the review is about his funding. No one else from my family bothers. I try my best to help and support him. I'm really upset atm, no one to talk to, tried to phone my CPN to see if I can talk to him but he's not around. I don't know anyone in this position who I can talk to who could understand. If I could find a support group or something perhaps that could help. I guess I'm just writing this to distract myself from self harm or over medicating. Just need someone to talk to really, but no one understands the issues so I can't find the right person

(((Sparko))) You can talk to me if it would help.................I know a little bit about funding because of my Dad.............and although we had to fight hard, we did get continuing care funding.............we weren't offered it..........but we were told about it by the hospital social worker, who said he qualified...........and she guided us (well me) on how to go about it. We got it.................though it took a bit of a while and a bit of a fight..........., cos my mum and dad had already been financially assessed by the local authority..........

So if you think it would help, happy to talk...............pm me if you would prefer.xxx

Take a look at this if you don't know about it already http://www.nhs.uk/CarersDirect/guide/practicalsupport/Pages/NHSContinuingCare.aspx

Hi Sparko,

I'm always happy to lend an ear if you want to open up but I don't know much about the issue in question. Perhaps you could find a different forum/ support network on the internet and they will definitely understand what you are dealing with and maybe have useful advice too.

*hugs*

Kit xx

Hi Sparko

Sorry to hear about your brother; I don't know much about funding either but I'm here if you want to talk; Either here or pm;

stay safe

xxx

Thank you Starry :) it is nice to feel supported by people on here and i appreciate it

I did PM Pickle and it was helpful to feel heard (thanks Pickle)

I am a bit less upset now but still struggling, u know how it is x

(((((Sparko)))) it sounds so difficult for you but I am really glad your brother has someone who really cares about him.

idk much about it but my mum has set herself up as my carer and she is part of a carers organisation. They send her newsletters and things and offer her support. There might be something similar in your area. My mum found out from the cmht so maybe your cpn will know somewhere that might help you?

Thank you Starry :) it is nice to feel supported by people on here and i appreciate it

I did PM Pickle and it was helpful to feel heard (thanks Pickle)

I am a bit less upset now but still struggling, u know how it is x

It's brilliant that you feel a bit better.

You are bigger than the rest of your family for being the only one who bothers with your brother.

Shame on his parents.

I can see the love from you to him and also from people here to you on this thread and it is very nice.

I hope for the best outcome.

Archived