Mental Health Forums

New London Support Group?

Endoftheroad

The Dragon Cafe was mentioned by Pickle, maybe that could a place to meet occasionally too, it sounds really fun. Think there's a lot of potential for good in this group idea Endof!

Hey Kit :) Dragon Cafe is only open on Mondays, I keep meaning to go there. Ok I think it's time to float some dates and venues now we've established some peeps are interested - it's now 2am and I want to get back to sleep (heh, fat bleedin chance) but I'll post tomorrow.

Ok, so how about Sunday 11th or 18th, 2pm meeting at the statue at the entrance to Green Park (take Green Park exit at the tube station on the Victoria Line). From there we can find a suitable spot. I'll mail those who want to come with map and my number so no one gets lost or for if they're running late etc. How does that sound to everyone?

OK let's get this thing off the ground, Sunday 11th August, 2pm at the statue at the entrance to Green Park. Please post if you'd like to come, if you need a map etc and I'll PM my number in case of emergencies on the day.

I think this is what they call care in the community :D

Big hugs to all

I have been going to the dragon cafe most weeks now it pretty cool i would like to attend the meetup but im unsure on the state i will be by then im really bad atm

Yeah see how you feel. Going to try to go to the cafe myself this Monday too see what it's all about so may see you there :)

Im not going to be able to get there monday i have a psyc meeting which i cant miss iv been to another mental health meetup at green park and funily enough they want to meet again on the 11th lol id rather come meet yous though it would be good to meet people the same as me ill try and let you know nearer the time how i am

Another group? Really? Is that the Eggshell Collective? I posted that on there if it is, as that group is ending by the look of it. If not - wow, what a coincidence!

It was another group from a dating site called no longer lonely iv met up with them a few times but all they do is go drinking and i think its wise i stay away from drink for a bit at least untill i can controll things a bit more

God that is bizarre then! Won't find me on any dating sites, a relationship's about the last thing on my mind; they're too painful :(

Its the same with me atm i would love to feel love but all i feel instead is pain sometimes i feel like im with drawing from it like i just need some love and it will make things better for a while

I love this idea its just a shame its so far away. I might be interested in coming along dependent on trains etc. It would be great to put some faces to names

RAM

xxxx

I'm at the Dragon Cafe right now, Mousie is here too and wants to come on Sunday :) I'll PM you later Ms B (great name btw *chokes on alibis* ;)

My parents said they could sub me the money, as I'm in a mess as Jobseekers have stopped paying me and I won't get any money from work until the end of August. So, hopefully I'll be there, providing I don't freak out. I really wish I could visit the Dragon cafe sometime, it sounds amazing. Ash

Was amazing, was there from 12.45-8.45! Met some great people, two more coming on Sunday :) bit tired now but will PM everyone who has expressed an interest tomorrow, and will start a new thread tomo as well to properly publicise it (might be getting a bit lost on this one ;) Didn't hear the talk about the Wellcome Trust, was busy talking to a really interesting guy who will be coming Sunday - we must have spent 4 hours in conversation after Sarah (Dragon Cafe founder) introduced us. Expect you know him, he's an artist called Paul, top fella. The more people with BPD I meet or get to know on here, the less isolated I feel. Such a relief to find I belong somewhere, I can't tell you :) Can't recommend the cafe highly enough, so friendly and welcoming and interesting and thought provoking - absolutely brilliant. I said to Sarah, every major city should have a Dragon Cafe, it's the best kind of care in the community. Anyone near London will be doing themselves a favour if they go sometime.

Wow, sounds like we've got quite a group together. Thank you endoftheroad for sorting it all out. The dragon cafe really sounds fantastic. I was wondering, if I could get time off in the future to go, would someone be willing to go with me? I think I'd be too nervous to go on my own. Ash

I don't think that would be a problem Ash, I know what you mean as I did just that yday but recognised Mousie straight away from the old support group, and people are very friendly there like I said so you can't help falling into conversations.

Archived