Mental Health Forums

Officially Diagnosed

skp67

Its finally been recognized that i have anorexia and have done since my teens.

At the moment i am in a real mess i have lost 4 stone in two and a half months, i have come off my meds which has helped but since then i havent eaten anything except the odd sweet or piece of lettuce. Things are spiralling out of control with exercising excessively, i just don't know what to do.

I had a clear out of my wardrobe today and clothes that fitted back then now fall down,

Hi Scally. I'm sorry you're struggling with the anorexia. I don't know what to say but I wanted at least that you know I have read you and I sympathize. I hope you get better very soon. Many hugs to you.

Has your anorexia caused you any physical health problems? I watched a program about a young person with it last night and she had osteoporosis :(.

This person also exercised for 3 hours a day.

((((Scallywag))))....Having your anorexia recognized officially,will hopefully open up lots of help for you to try and help yourself. xxx I really hope so. I had very bad anorexia and bulimia all at the same time in my teens, well the symptoms of and I lost masses of weight and binged at the same time. This went on for about 10 years, and nobody really took it seriously, they just said I was just being difficult and wanting to draw attention to myself.TBH, nothing could have been further from the truth.......I wanted to disappear........... Eventually it stabilized sort of, but then I sort of beat myself up with booze, as much as I enjoyed it at the same time................I really hope you will get help and support with this, to take care of yourself and love yourself, of which eating and nurturing ourselves is a big part, and that can be a big journey......this sounds like a healthy step in the right direction to hopefully let others help you, and guide you into gently learning to love, nurture and look after you..xxx

Hi Scally,

I just wanted to say that terrifying as all this seems, you can beat your anorexia. I was diagnosed 4 and a half years ago but like you, it had been going on since my teens and never been acknowledged before. The diagnosis for me was the beginning of my road to recovery though, it triggered very intense therapy but all in all it got me the help and support I needed. Now, after so many years of messed up eating patterns and from emaciation I have managed to return to a healthy weight and maintain it for longer than ever before. I don't think anorexia is something that ever leaves you completely alone - I still have ed thoughts - but you definitely can learn to distance yourself from it and live a healthy, happy life.

All I can say is try and be true to yourself and those around you, it is a hard battle but everyone just wants the best for you.

Take things one step at a time, don't let the situation now overwhelm you, you can do it.

Thanks for your kind replies.

My health has suffered i have been diagnosed with osteoporosis and have anemia.

I am seeing my cpn tomorrow where hopefully things can be discussed and maybe she can suggest things.

Scally :confused:

Archived