Mental Health Forums

Different Issues Plus Ed

cheeky_lilly

Hi,

I was told by an ED CPN nurse I have an eating disorder. Well I dont beleive it but still...

I have seen an anorexic girl on holidays. She was so skinny and she jsut ate salad once. I got jealous and it gave me a bost of energy to do the same. I admired her for strong will... Im doing it now, but I guess its wrong...

Does anyone else feel like this when they see someone skinny or obviusly ill? I a not a comptetive person but seing someone so successful (wht being skinny) just feels like I want to do it too. Its a great motivation

Because I dont think I hve it I just dont.. I wan to ask ohters if they feel the same abut seeing someone so skinny and acomplished.? Do you feel this way, or is it the way of thinnking of a perfectly healthy person? I am relly confused, thatis why I am asking. I am sorry if I upset anyone

Uhavent upset me i just trying to make u see.

U say u havent got an ed and yet when u see a skinny girl u want to be like her and i think that u have to accept that this is a distorted way of thinking its how ed make u think / feel.

Oh and btw i do know cos i was anorexic and u do do everything in your power to deny it. Sorry if i sounded hard but u have to see u need to listen to your cpn and accept help.

Its not easy i know. Iam recovered btw but i dont think it ever fully leaves u. It lurks in the background just like someone with alchol addiction or drugs.

Archived