Mental Health Forums

Anxiety Is Preventing Recovery, Anyone Else?

Becca95

my book for today would be about a woman/ mythical creature who overcomes fear: fear of herself and fear of the world... in a playful, strange and deep sort of way xx

Hi Lily-Bee,

Thank you for your reply, any advice or anything is always warmly welcomed so I appreciate it thank you!

I know youre right, I know you are I'm just too scared! I think a part of the problem is my fear of being sick so avoid eating or making myself feel uncomfortable to avoid being sick or having an attack. Would this mean I'd have to be sick to overcome my problems? I don't fancy that, haha.

It just seems impossible to eat during anxiety etc, I don't feel I'm strong enough to go through with it all, I feel like I've lost all my energy and fight. "I never said it'd be easy, I only said it'd be worth it." one of the truest things I've ever read! It's going to be such a horrible struggle but I don't even know where to start.

I don't currently think I am gettin the right help, eating disorders team said they think I need to see someone for anxiety more than eating disorder, so they're thinking of discharging me and referring me. Thank you for your imput! Xx

Brisbane- oh okay, haha, it's a bit harder to determine when it's typed. :P you have a great personality and humor! Awhh that's lovely Brisbane, I think you'd be great at writing a book, with or without help. You have some lovely ideas and you write really well.

I'd like to think I could write the book but I don't think I'm patient enough. :P haha that's a lovely sounding book idea, I'd read it! ;) thanks again for your reply! Xx

I know exactly what your saying. I've had anxiety all day and I'm struggling swallow. My brain is in overdrive and I can't think straight. Just typing this is a struggle because my hands are shaking. I need time out from anything :-(

thanks Becca, I'll let you know when it's written! am thinking of making fear the genre for my next art series, i have to do a self-directed projected, and exploring what it looks like in images, maybe landscapes with animals. will be interesting what comes out! am still deciding whether i am brave enough to choose this topic and present it to my class... ha ha that's funny... to afraid to pick fear! xx

Thank you Vicky12uk, sorry to hear you're struggling so much, anxiety really is horrible. I feel for you! Try and rest and treat yourself, have you tried listening to calming music or something? Hugs xx

Thank Brisbane, that's a good idea. You can do it! You're strong, teehee ;) Let me know how it all goes! :) xx

Baby-steps; why not make a list of things you find scary to eat. Least scary on the bottom, most scary on top.

Then start at the bottom and slowly work your way up.

It would indeed really be good if you had anxiety help!

Archived