Mental Health Forums

Advice

charlotte23

i would say i have an eating disorder, i hardly eat and more so when im down I dont understand why i cant just eat, i hate being so skinny and unhealthy but the thought of eating is hard, i dont think

i fit into any particular diagnosis and have had this issue since about 8 years old and am going to receive some help now but apparently im on the verge of underweight and i feel others don't understand how bad it really is, i would just like some advice or maybe understanding from others in this situation?

I hear your pain, i only realised my anorexia had been diagnosed when i was a teenager i am now 46, i have been through hell with it over the yrs and right now am currently weighing 6 and 1/2 stone. My cpn isnt too bothered as yet about it, it seems to me. I keep saying food is poison or wriggling worms on a plate to me but she says i know its all in my mind.

Kepp trying to eat something each day no matter how small.

Scally x

You may feel u dont fit into a diagnoses but im sure u do. If u seek some help from eating disorders clinic or whatever is around about u.

You coming here saying this there must be more things that is going on?

sry i see i think u maybe getting help? how do u feel? im sure there is some help for u xx

I hear you, Charlotte, hope I knew more about eating disorders so I could be some help. The more important immediately is to get some sugar for your brain to work properly, I guess. Think you should try to eat at least a small amount of starchy food each day if possible. It would probably help to prevent some effects on your mood too. Have you noticed that we get kind of depressed when we don't eat for a certain time? I noticed it fairly quick.

Sorry if I only say things you already know. Don't get your courage down, I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes! Charlotte! I'm like you!! I can't eat because I feel I physically can't plus I have anxiety.. I know how hard it is, truly I do, why can't people understand how hard it is? I dont know but I just wanted to say I hear you and sending you big hugs! Send me a message if you'd like :) Always here to listen. All I can really say is just try small things, just eat a little bit and see how you go. Also, try and think of what caused you to think like this, it's a mental illness, it's not your fault. Are you getting any help? :) xx

Archived