Mental Health Forums

Coffee N Cigarettes

georgia

Yes, they are stimulants and will make you feel even worse and bring on a panic attack. Its not a good idea to use that as a laxative because I used to go it and I have panic attacks as well and it made me feel 100 times worse.

Emma

xxx

I don't know about them being a laxative, but coffee is definately an appetite suppressant, I think cigarettes are too.

I drink coffee all the time these days, as I have given up alcohol(waaaaay too many calories) but I need some sort of stimulant in my life. That and exercise which keeps me sane :)

didn't seem much point in starting a new thread for another stupid prob.

today i've woken up with lumps, like mouth ulcers on either side of my mouth. could that be to do with being sick too often? is sore but not terrible. and they're more like lumps than ulcers.

xx

I am not sure, as I don't purge. But it sounds like it could be stomach acid, but not necessarily. I think it depends on how often you vomit. It is quite common to get ulcers from malnutrition too. If you are vomiting excessively you may not be absorbing enough food.

It may seem like a daft question but are you getting enough nutrients? if not this may be the cause..... :unsure:

Forgot to say that yes coffee, especially proper coffee does have a laxative effect. On an empty stomach it can also be a trigger for gastritis/ulcers so better have that bacon buttie instead of the cigarettes !!

Archived