Mental Health Forums

Someone Requested More Doodles So Here Ya Go :)

ArtMatters

Just a reminder though I'm sure most of you know cuz many are creative yourselves I'm posting these just for viewing purposes and would like all to repsect I remain copyright owner of any images or creative stuffs bla bla bla lolol (artists are like obligated to keep reminding ppl of that stuff lol)

i basically hybridize animal/monster/creature/human body parts & pieces together in random combinations both conscious and subconcious to create new creature/animals

they have various influences from cartoons, graffiti, comics, etc but mostly serve as a distraction from things I don't want to focus on in my own mind/body

there are some repetative features...big googly eyes, thin frail limbs, holes, teeth.....I often like do do weird meshes of aethetics like grotesque and cute or something ..I think the best ones are usually the ones I think about less forsure so I definitely play with states of consciousness.....also I do most of them either travelling like on the subway or something, in bed or when someone is talking to help me process lol Although I started cartooning quite awhile ago they never fully started developing or flowing as easily until I got ill physically and then it was like something clicked and they started flowing out much more naturally and I find them quite a good release

There are some repetative themes also..many of which also appear in my poetry..i.e. the moving city thing (sustainability issues/global issues etc), bisexuality/sexuality/female sexuality as taboo, gender, reproduction, dialectics, body/ephemerailty, water/the body/cycles/circles, metaphysical markers of presence, cityscapes/urban decay/suburbia/regionalism/banality) lol those are like the art hash tags I could use I guess......there's also a lot of things morphing into other things and the theme of transitions is big (which makes sense as they were mostly made during a time of transition in my life) ...also I just draw things I see or things that make me laugh or sometimes appropriate an idea if I think I can make a new twist on it

I dunno if that helps at all the talking part I am always less good at not the most eloquant as such lol

Archived