Mental Health Forums

999 What's Your Emergency

martyn quinton

Hi everyone just thought I'd let you know I've done a documentary with channel 4 regarding bpd and the effects it has on your life. It's being shown on the 21st of October at 9pm. The whole episode is on mental health issues , I've tried to get across what it's like to live with bpd. If you get the chance watch it the producers have told me its very good but I don't know the full content of the program as I did lots of hours of filming and interviews etc.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will I hope you like what I've done, I've been honest as I was in a really bad place at the time. But to be fair channel 4 gave me the confidence not to be ashamed about me and say how it is.

I've put the date in my diary and looking forward to watching it. Well done and thank you for doing this to help raise public awareness of the disorder.

It's on my calendar. great to hear that BPD is being recognised, and well done you on opening up and standing up for us all xxxxxxx

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder it's on this Monday. For people that maybe further affield you can watch it on the net on 4od. It's at 9pm I hope you can tune in, wishing all fellow bpds a great weekend

Thanks Martyn for the reminder, I watched it last week too did you see it? The guy Simon I think his name was whom self harmed was really sad :( xxx

Hey martyn - I think it is natural to be anxious before something like this. All I want to say is that I think you've been really brave and should be proud of yourself for putting yourself in the public eye as you have. I know I, and many others, are very grateful just for the fact that you have allowed bpd to be brought to people's attention as we are so often overlooked in real life and the media. Try not to stress too much!

Iam glad I have done what I've done but iam really nervous iam thinking of hurting myself now as iam really scared

Martyn, its a really brave and coourageous thing that you've done, not many of us here would have been able to do it, and i wanna say thanks for having the strength to represent us all. Be proud of yourself, I certainly have the utmost respect for you xxx

I just hope it comes across the right way. This is a scary day for me and it's my birthday what a hectic day.

Archived