Mental Health Forums

999 What's Your Emergency

martyn quinton

No no edits when you see it, it will be the same time as me I got no viewing so I will be living it with you.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take good care of yourself Martyn. I know when I see photos of myself, or hear my voice on an answerphone message or something.. I hate it. I hate hearing or seeing myself. So try to be hold on to the good.. the amazing thing that you've done in being on the programme. Take really good care of you and do something nice for yourself. I am watching it (in a minute!) and sending positive thoughts your way x

Take good care of yourself Martyn. I know when I see photos of myself, or hear my voice on an answerphone message or something.. I hate it. I hate hearing or seeing myself. So try to be hold on to the good.. the amazing thing that you've done in being on the programme. Take really good care of you and do something nice for yourself. I am watching it (in a minute!) and sending positive thoughts your way x

This is me too :ph34r:

Martyn, I'm crying and jumping up and down.....YOU ARE AN AMAZING MAN....you have bravely shown a part of our mutual illness to teach those who don't understand or who would otherwise never have the insight or experience of how our illness affects us....I am SO SO SO proud of you Martyn!!!!!!!! Thank you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

upmost admiration for you mate that is an experience i myself have been through and im sure alot of people here have as well the courage you showed was awsom you should be really proud of yourself

was a really couragegus thing to do. very touching.

glad u doing so well.

the program helped highlight the problems with the support mh patients get (or not most of the time)

well done xx

i cant watch live cos i am with my bro and we have been watching football and baseball but i have followed the comments here and also on twitter and am excited to see the program when i go bed in a bit...

@timetochange have been very complimentary about martyn's contributions btw

Martyn - I echo what everyone else has said - you are so brave and such an inspiration. Your comment (which was also the title of the episode - go you!) was so so apt and you have really helped show some of the hardships those of us with mental health issues go through day to day, minute by minute.

You did so well, I hope you can be proud of yourself. Please take care the next few hours and days though, I can imagine it might have been very triggering seeing yourself.

Thank you for sharing your story and highlighting mental health like you did. Huge hugs xxx :grouphug[1]:

P.s Your daughter is beautiful :)

well i watched it and i thought you were brilliant Martyn...

very brave and so important imo to highlite the ambulance service being honest with their struggles with mh stuff... but these programs cant be made without input also from service users and i thought everyone in the program did really well in getting this across...

so yeah, muchos kudos to you :)

Top job mate,,,,you did very well in conveying mental illness and the shortages in the services. Decent bloke...family man...please repost here if possible would like to know how you are getting a long

Steve

You've made me feel like I don't have to hide who I am. I have a mental health disorder, and I'm okay with that! And anyone who's not okay with that clearly didn't see your program yesterday!

How are you Martyn? This must be quite overwhelming for you - I hope you're holding up, and can be proud of yourself xx

it really put across how the medical services struggle to know how to cope with mentally ill calls even the paramedics dread calls from mentally ill ppl (it shocked and sadened me that paramedics said this) ... it really needs to change doesnt it ?

Great job! You're so brave to do this and very inspiring to everyone who suffers under the stigma of mental illness. I wish I had your courage and could be as open about it all as you are.

I watched this last night after reading this topic. A very brave thing to do Martyn! I can relate to a lot of what happened to you. It has gave me a lot of confidence to talk about my problems.

Thank you

Archived