Mental Health Forums

Tonight Is The Night Folks

Riverspell

So I saw my psychiatrist today. She is indeed taking me off the Seroquel XR and the Abilify. I start the tapering down tonight. I'm pretty sure I won't be sleeping and I'm trying not to worry about what other effects it'll have on me. Cause worrying solves nothing, even if nothing solves the worrying. xP See what I did there? (cheesy grin) Still trying to find humor people, bear with me.

I'm being switched to regular Seroquel since it has a generic. Which I already have loads of as I, and still do sometimes, take it for sleep. We're starting at about 150mg and she's letting me bounce between that and 100mg at first. I am to call her if it sedates me too much or if I'm not sleeping at all. Cause when I don't sleep It tends to trigger a downward spiral for me and I'm already not sleeping well.

She isn't replacing the Abilify with anything immediately as she doesn't know how much of an effect it already has on me. So we're going to see how it goes at first with nothing in its place. If it turns out I need something she'll try another anti psychotic that I've take prior to this. Either the Geodon or the Risperidone. I won't take Risperidone so it'll likely be the Geodon. On Risperidone I can't function, I am a complete zombie and my behavior is robotic. You can't hardly get me to respond to anything. I pretty much just sit there or wander in circles. Not kidding.

Gotta get off the Seroquel XR so I can take the regular stuff. As I don't have much pills left, I'll be doing this almost cold turkey. Judging by what you've all said about that, I'm prepping for minor warfare with my body and mind. Tonight, if I don't sleep, I'll clean my room up and do some laundry so that I have nice, clean, snuggling material.

I've also just started my cycle and cannot get my birth control so that's been suddenly stopped too. My periods are severe, in pain, bleeding and emotional impact. So I know it's going to have a big effect on the rest of this.

Not looking forward to any of this. =/

I'd like to thank you all for supporting me and giving me your advice.

I'd also like to apologize in advance if I get snippy and shit and minorly bonkers. Thank the withdrawals, y'all.

*salutes*

Well risperidone sounds just lovely. We once has a rescue cat with alzheimers who was like that. Hairless, toothless, bizarre thing, ugliest cat you ever did see. We loved him at first sight, obviously.

And the warfare begins! THIS IS SPARTA!

Also, don't you think that drug names sound a lot like pokemon or somesuch. Especially geodon.

Haha! I found my Halloween costume! Though it won't be a costume by the time I get to Halloween. xP I'll probably be all smelly, sweaty, red rimmed black eyes, hair sticking up in patches and twitching like crazy. Good to know my scary appearance can go to some use!!! Maybe someday will take mercy on me, or at least be so stark terrified they'll give up their mint candies and kit kats for me. xDDDDDDDDDDD

Sparta? Pfft, THIS IS SPAGHETTI BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm............I CHOOSE YOU GEODON!

Hey, whata you know, it worked! (My dog responded when I tried it out.) xDDDDDDDDDDD

Ugh, you can tell I'm crazy already. xP

Well I think some of the best people I know are abnormal beyond belief. Who wants to be square anyway?

I never watched pokemon as a kid, though I did develop a conspiracy theory that they put cameras in all the gameboys and tv's, and those who weren't playing would be brainwashed into loving pokemon. I was a strange child. Also it's strange to think how a gameboy colour was THE cutting edge of gaming tech back then. Now I want an occulus rift and the capability to play amnesia on it. One day...

I'm doing halloween as a zombie doctor again, I have scrubs and a lab coat with goggles. I once ended up going to the emergency room in those scrubs which was confusing for all involved. Last year I decided to take action in order to look like I had been through the apocalypse so after doing my zombie makeup we covered by scrubs and coat in fake blood (it's still there, just faded now) and then I went and rolled around in the garden to get all dirty. I even picked up a handful of soggy mud to rub on myself and then found I had squashed a very unfortunate slug along with it. Poor thing, never knew what hit it. At least I looked convincing.

The comfiest night out ever because I was actually wearing warm, sensible clothes, but my lab teacher did NOT approve of me turning up in a very sad-looking lab coat.

I also refused to speak for the whole night, so when a smurf came up to me and asked me to give him a health check (smooth, dude), I just groaned like Chewbacca in his face. I went up to strangers and did it in their ear too. Ah, letting the weird out. So satisfying, don't you think?

I also chased my housemate round the house with that dead slug. Ahahahahahhahahha!

You know over here, nobody goes to get sweeties from the neighbours after they're about 10 which is a shame, and we really don't give much attention to halloween in general. We're less superstitious maybe.

Yeah, cause I unfortunately look older than I am people stopped giving me treats after I turned 10. They were all, "You're too old!" Bastards. >.> I wanted my chocolate fix!!!

Nice costume!! ABout the slug, my grandma kills them with salt all the time. I once grabbed a frog though and chased her with it in revenge. It was hilarious. xD

It is satisfying to let all the weird out.

I had and have this awesome idea for a costume and scene set up but I don't have the materials sadly. =/

So what's your costume idea? I LOVE dressing up, I think I get it from my parents. They love it too though I'm glad to say they don't do it much any more. My mum once lent me some fishnet tights for a costume and when I said "Oh, I didn't realise you had these!" she goes "Oh no, they're your dads, from when we went to the Rocky Horror show". *shudder*

I love frogs, and newts, and most slimy things from ponds. I always pick them up off the road and put them on the side so they don't get run over.

I look waaaay younger than my age, only just stopped getting ID'd in clubs. Eh, it'll pay off when I'm old, right?

Indeed.

My idea is to be the Secretary to Death, at Rot or Coffin Inc. I'd be dressed in a woman's working suit with my hair done up in a bun with some severe looking glasses on my face. The idea then was to set up a desk, lamp and other aspects of an office in the drive way and have a jar of candy on the desk like you'd see at a doctors office. When someone came up to get candy I'd write them out an appointment date to see Death himself. xD Only we decided that'd make parents angry to give that to children so we'd have to figure something else out. I'd inform them that Death was currently busy and that I could take a note or direct them directly to their portal. xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Well I imagine Death would be very busy on Halloween.

Ah, hello. Would you please form an orderly queue to await the afterlife? i'm afraid death is busy tonight so I will fill in some paperwork for each of you, then take a number and wait for your portal to open, please.

First in line? Yes, you. How did you die? I see you appear to be an apprentice witch? Was it a. a cauldron accident, b. a curse gone wrong or c. attack by a familiar?

What do you mean you're just dressed up? *picks up phone* Beelzebub? Yes, we have another minor in fancy dress, claiming she isn't dead. Well, I don't know how she got here! The Three Fates are in your department! Tell them to stop being so scissor-happy!

Okay, well we will get you a new thread of life as soon as possible. Please take this magic Mars Bar, it will transport you back to the living world.

Next?

All I have to say is that I only hang out with those who are minorly bonkers, and you, my friends, are definately that! I love this forum, I SO fit in! xxxxxxx

Just to add to the Halloween plot....

Next? Yes you, second in line right? No, third? Cutting is rude you know. No, I don't care if your thread was cut first. You are THIRD in line. Bitching at me solves nothing, I can deposit you right in hell if you'd like. Yes, thank you, back in your spot.

Second? Yes, thank you. Now, dead or not dead? Yes, I have to ask this question! Enough of you are fakers, do you want to be sent on alive? No? Didn't think so. So, yes dead? Oh, zombie?! How the hell did you get back out of here? We haven't signed any forms to release souls! *sighs* Hold on, this ties things up. Bear with me. *shuffles through papers* I'm sorry but for now I have to direct you to the waiting room. I'm sorry about all the grass, the goblins are on strike and thought it funny to plant a garden there. Indeed, I do suppose it's like a grave. Bit above ground don't you think? Sorry, bad joke. On you go.

Next!

Oh, for crying out loud, not one of you. Well don't be like that, you KNOW you have no soul, you're a vampire! You gave that up when you signed on to the whole sucking virgin blood and cape thing. What am I meant to do? *sigh*.

Look, you have two choices. I can give you a 44B form, which gives you three days to redeem yourself, find the head vamp and kill him so your soul gets returned, or you can wait in limbo, and trust me, the guys who work there are total jerks. Yes? Good?

Next?

OH NOT ONE OF YOU GLITTERING NIMRODS, DON'T YOU HAVE AN UNDERAGE GIRL TO STALK?!

This is getting to be a weirdddd thread

I'm a glittering nimrod!!!!

Wasn't Nimrod the grandson of Noah? Does this biblical theme not clash with your necromantic Halloween thread?!

LAWLS. This thread is indeed weird. xD

Good god, one of you? A lich?! I haven't seen one of you in a few hundred years. I didn't think Death himself still allowed you!

So......Adventurer? A D&D party got you? Death's favorite, seems fitting. No, don't look at me that way.

I can't really help you as you were already, technically, dead. You'll have to talk to Big D himself but he's rather busy right now. You know all those die hard Halloween fanatics, they keep him busy. *sigh* Arguing won't help. Here, I'll take your name, instance of death and a note. While you wait, I suggest you join the zombies and vampire over there. Excuse the grass.

NEXT

Archived