Mental Health Forums

I Think Somethings Wrong

Riverspell

So I've barely been able to withdrawal from the Seroquel XR and now I'm out of it.

I originally was at 600mg of it. I went to 400mg for two days and last night at 200mg. Tonight I had 200 again but I'm feeling really really sick and that's the last of the seroquel.

I'm lightheaded, extremely nauseated (threw up twice), got the runs, sweating extremely even though I'm cold, my head is killing me and I'm shaking and my limbs are cramped and jerking at times. My visions wonky at times too. Like right now they're watering and it's hard to look at the screen. My neck feels tight too and my whole body in general hurts, I've also had a couple anxiety attacks. I'm barely sleeping too.

I'm not sure it's even completely the Seroquel's fault. I've gone cold turkey on Abilify as of last night. I'm completely out of it. What's cold turky on that even going to do?

If someone could provide advice on what to do at this point and whether or not I'm just being silly and worrying over nothing would be nice. Will going cold turkey on the Abilify make me really sick?

There isn't a whole lot I could suggest for this.

Ginger tea with honey and lemon - make it with ginger powder, not a teabag, it's better in my experience. It takes a bit of getting used to but settles your stomach without going and taking more meds for your sickness. About a flat teaspoon of ginger with a good dollop of honey and some lemon but adjust to taste. I used to have this every day because I got really sick on my meds, now I just retch a bit so I don't feel the need.

Maybe try some gentle stretches for your muscle pain and try to rest when you can. Treat yourself with all the tender loving care you need, like a delicate flower or a bunny or something.

I've heard that ginger can help. I'll go try it out.

I did try some basic yoga type stretches earlier so you are right about the stretching. It did help a bit. I just don't feel like moving. xP

I may go try and sleep again soon. I need whatever sleep I can snatch up.

Thank you Shiny for your advice, no matter how small it helps!

Archived