Mental Health Forums

Short Term Memory Loss Problem

niravarav

One of my uncles is suffering from short time memory loss problem. He is a 60 year old person. Doctors can't give a proper solution for this.

Do you guys have any suggestion for my uncle ? Thanks in advance!

Has he had a full blood test? some lack of certain vitamins and minerals can trigger memory or attention probs. He needs to get a some bloods taken to rule out any probs in that area.

He doesn't have any more problem. But he can't remember some simple things like mobile phone or wallet and wrist watch. He sometimes forgets where he keeps his car keys :(

Does he often ask the same questions over and over again? My mom has Alzheimers. When she began asking the same questions over and over, even after I gave her the answer, I decided to have her see her gp, who did a test. And confirmed she has dementia. A few years before this, my sister already noticed she is becoming forgetful.

There is a very simple way to test: The patient is asked to draw a clock and add the correct numbers. Then they are asked to insert the arrows pointing to "10 minutes after 11 o´clock."

This is THE basic test doctors use to evalue dementia. My mom failed. Everything was out of order.

If the docs havent tested him for this yet, I dont know.....

I am often forgetful too, but it could have other causes. When people are very emotional, it can lead to memory loss.

Best wishes xx

Archived