• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lauren

• Swan

• Barebones

• Cactus

Top Posters In This Topic

sry would of helped but i havent tried for DLA yet..

from what ive heard is fill in as much as you can about your difficulites and make sure you have back up from gp,pysiciatrist,therapist, social worker any of them..

good luck and im sure there is others here who know about this.. i think josh helped out somone before with this.. :)

GOODLUCK!

PS

also from what i heard is that they might say no on the first time, but put in the appeal and normaly you will get it..

fill it in with your worst day details, so any questions answer them as if it was your worst day.

add as many pros and diagnoses down as possible. good luck

I agree about giving the details of your worst case scenarios. When I claimed first time I was unsuccessful but got it 2nd time. If you can get a support worker to write out the claim for you in your behalf that may help. Also getting a supporting letter from your CPN or CMHT to go with the claim is maybe a good idea worked for me.

Search filling in DLA forms. Or google yourable which has a great section and forum for all of that. It is run buy a guy who used to work for them.

Wish I had found them before humiliating myself on the forms as I did.

I filled mine in with disability rights norfolk. You may find a disability rights near you, I found I gave them far more open and honest answers information that I hadnt even said to doctor.

I had no trouble getting dla.

I hope its helpful

hi sunshine,

have just filled out DLA, very long form but managed to do it, my psychotherapist filled in a long form too , they have just asked my Dr. for a report as well, will let you know how i get on , hope you manage ok , take care rosehip xxx

i had the mental health person from the citizens advice bureau help me with mine, and my cpn, he had a book of text book answers. but if ya get stuck on a specific question ask here and im sure i will be bale to help.

also, keep a photocopy of it for the next time u have to fill it in cos then u can just copy the answers out, i didnt but wish i had done

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i'm filling out the forms to claim this right now. I've heard the same as someone already mentioned, about 50% of claims get rejected the first time, but on appeal, they get accepted, so if you have no luck, keep trying. I got my form from Welfare Rights, they send seperate info on how to fill the forms in, you do have to put the info as how you are on your very worst day, in as much details as possible. I don't think you need to put your GP's name & address if they're not the main ones who see you regarding your mental health, I think if they need that info they'll contact you again to ask for it. I got told that alot of people don't want their GP contacting, so they put that their Psychiatrist/CPN, whoever, is the one who deals with them. I may be wrong though, so it's worth double checking. If you want me to send you the info on filling out these forms that Welfare Rights sent me, I can do that, just PM me here or e-mail me & I can either give you their # number or the info. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

took me ages to fill bloody form in and I posted it on sept 6th.

had acknowledment letter 2 weeks later then someone from office called me for psych phone number as they had wrote to him 3 weeks ago and had got no response.

how am i meant to know his bloody number.suppose i got to wait nother 5 weeks now just to prob be told to fuck off were not giving you fuck all :angry::angry: :sm.jpg:

very important that you send in Part 1 within the time limit. You can take longer about Part 2.

As Josh says, tell them about the worst days. Very important to keep a copy in case you need to appeal.

I filled mine in and then later realised that I'd missed out 'suicide' the most important element. They are very hard to do.

Thanks Swan

I sent both parts of form in 5 weeks ago they are just waiting for psych to send them back report or whatever they ask for.They phoned him last week to remind him and i am struggling with money and got in angry state this a.m so phoned 3 numbers i found and got shoved here and there eventually got his P.A who informed me he still hadnt replied.now if i make fuss and try to stand up for myself it will piss him off and he may never write back to them.

cant cope with uncertainty. :( :angry:

Took my psych three months to respond.BUT on the plus side once she had they reached a desision within a week.And sent it all back dated by recorded delivery :)

psych still not been arsed to write to dla so they have now written to my dr.who is off sick for week :(

i just want to know if im getting it.have got bills to pay.

feeling shit enough already without added stress of this.

Lauren - knowing my luck they will make decison in week once they get report then tell me im not getting it which will fuck me up completely as was only thing keeping me going was thought i might finally get some acknowledgement of shit im going through :( :(

i put in the last of my dla forms this week also, my social worker is helping me as im not any good at forms.

can i ask a question how do you get for dla?

is that all dla? or is that mixed in with other benifits or are you on high dla or what not.. not sure how much i will get if any.

do you get it weekly or monthly.. sry for all the questions.

1.1 Rates of care component

There are three different rates of DLA care component: lower, middle and higher.

Lower rate £16.05

Middle rate £40.55

Higher rate £60.60

Which of these a person receives depends on which conditions are satisfied

2. MOBILITY COMPONENT

To qualify for the mobility component of DLA, a person must be capable of taking advantage of outdoor journeys.

A person qualifies for the higher rate component if s/he:

2.1 Rates of mobility component

Lower component £16.05

Higher component £42.30

Anyone who is on Income support and is awarded DLA is entitled to an extra premium of almost £45 per week, but only if you notify them (IS), I missed out on over two years money because I did not know I was entitled to this let alone I had to apply for it, although they did backdate it for 9 months when I contacted them.

BB

Money DLA is paid 4 weekly

sry here is another question is that £16 weekly or monthly? just wondering what i would be expecting if i get it.

thanks for all the other information before :)

Archived