Mental Health Forums

Just Checking In...

CrippleAndStarfish

hey :)

i dont even know if anyone even remembers me tbh - there are a LOT of new faces and that's great to see, but a bit daunting to be returning to lots of newness, too!

i just wanted to check in really and post a little update, hopefully see how some familiar faces are doing, & a big hulloooo and a wave (& hugs if you're cool with that) to the new guys & gals....

so. about me. lol!!!

i'm 39 weeks 1 day pregnant now, the first 35 weeks flew by in the blink of an eye, & the rest has dragged ridiculously. bubba is doing well, we had a couple growth scans as my bump is measuring tiny again (only measure 33 weeks), but little man is just the right size so that is a relief obviously - he just doesnt have very much wriggle room..... not that that stops him, mind.

ive been in slow labour since last friday, so i'm pretty worn out, but other than that i'm doing great!!

it's logan's 7th birthday on the 2nd nov, so that's been a bit stressful to prepare for but i've been able to take it in my stride this year and my anxiety has been pretty non-existent!! - only had a small wobble when it looked as though i hadnt been paid in time to order his big pressie.

he's not getting much this year, at such am awkward age now!! he wants a 3ds xl, so i've found a good Skylanders bundle deal which he will love. other than that he has a few smaller adventure time figures plus more imaginext batman figures, a few moshi monster bits, & some clothes.

i feel a bit bad as i know previous years he has had loads more, but at the same time this is the most expensive year so far. its bittersweet for me - he's getting so big now, he wants "big boy" stuff, not so much toys but electricals and then the stuffh he collects - marvel and dc bits.

cant believe my baby boy calls me mum not mummy and is going to be SEVEN!! eeeek, can feel the grey hairs sprouting.

i moved house a few weeks ago - still have my tennancy atm as we've not managed to move all of my stuff out yet, we're keeping that place on now until baby is here as i will be able to do more then, so theres a bit of stress over that as im living in one place with half of my stuff not accessible to me, but i'm managing okay.

i think labour might be progressing - my stomach is cramping more intensely and i have a definite feeling of pressure, plus just feel very out of sorts today, so am keeping fingers crossed that if this is is, i labour quickly, as i'm dreading little dude arriving on his biggest brother's birthday, but hey, what will be will be.

am off for a walk now, hopefully will hear from others (oldies and newbies!) as to how things are going.....

if you're new, introduce yourself please!! :)

tc all, catch up soon.... maybe just maybe next time i post there will be a babe in arms rather than tummy! huzzah!!! xxx

hello draling loverly to see you, exciting news i hope labour is smooth for you once he gets started proper, thing with babies is its not our choice its there's when they are ready lol boys can be quite fast ...

gosh it only seems like last month you were posting about being pregnant, don't worry to much about logan missing out, when they want electronic stuff its never cheap and although it don't look a lot it costs the same amount as what his whole lot of pressies cost last yr ... i felt this way with my kids the presents seemed to look smaller and very few until i did the math and found for each child i was spending just as much if not more ...

wishing you well hun hope to see a little picture of your new baby soon luv's ya hun xox

Hiya Snoozysuzy!

Good to hear from you. I can't believe you're expecting the little one any minute now either - like jelly says, seems like only yesterday you found out the good news!

It's really great to hear how well you're doing and how busy you've been in the past few months. I'm sure Logan will have a fab birthday - sounds like he's growing up fast; I bet he can't wait to be big brother to the new arrival and the baby will be the best present of all probably!

I have also just reached the end of a significant 9 month period -although DEFINITELY not baby related!! I've just finished my imposed 9 month no-support trial and been re-assessed for more therapy which they say I can have now. I'm so relieved as I was worried they'd tell me if I could cope with 9 months on my own I could cope forever but they seem to have realised I've scraped by and need help really so that's good. Now I just have to wait for the top of the waiting list.....zzzzz.....

Anyway, good luck for the birth and everything - let us know when you can! xx :)

Of course I remember you :D I was wondering if you still posted here and hoping you did.

I'm so glad everything's going well. You must be so excited. I would say you're going to be a wonderful mum but you're a wonderful mum already. I'm sure Logan l be fine with the number of presents he's getting, I'm sure I got a lot less than that and that never stopped me from enjoying my birthday. It's quality not quantity, well maybe not quite that, what I mean is he'll be happier with a few things he really wants more than anything, than a million other things. OMG he's going to be 7???? I thought he was about 4 or 5.

That's great you're getting the therapy. Well done for managing for 9 months without, that's so difficult and I can imagine pregnancy doesn't help with that, even though babies are amazing I think pregnancy can make you more depressed because of all the hormones. Please correct me if I'm wrong! Either way you've done really well. I can understand your fear about not getting the therapy after all, that really is great news they've responded as they have.

Oh dear, I think I've inadvertently confused you emma - it was me who was wittering on about therapy. Just giving SnoozySuzy a quick update on things were going with me. Sorry! I don't want to hijack Snoozy's thread anyway :)

No wonder my mum thinks I'm useless.

I can't edit it unfortunately but this is for you Artemis.

That's great you're getting the therapy. Well done for managing for 9 months without, that's so difficult. You've done really well. I can understand your fear about not getting the therapy after all, that really is great news they've responded as they have.

:unsure: Please don't feel bad Emma - easy mistake to make and it does not make you anywhere near useless! (And I know what useless is coz like you I believe myself to be it almost every minute of every day! :P )

Thank you very much for the kind words anyway :grouphug[1]:

Archived