Mental Health Forums

Food Issues And Relapse?

ashleigh22

i just wondered if anyone can relate to me, its taken one day, probably only a few hours to relapse, i had anorexia then bulimia then i recovered for over a year, probably every few months i would become paranoid but i would be okay. now I've been under a lot of stress recently and lost weight without noticing until today when i was so busy i didn't have a chance to eat, i was hungry and i could suddenly feel my bones, i looked in the mirror and was shocked that i did infact look slimmer and that was that i lost my appetite immediately ... so not fully relapsed but i can't see myself eating any time soon, the thought sickens me. it feels like it all happened so fast but actually i think it happened over a period of time and i was just unaware.

instead of starting a new post could i also encourage people to read "hyperbole and a half" some of you might have heard of it, its just by this author allie brosch who basically tells it how it is but some of the stuff is so relatable but she does it in SUCH a funny way, her drawings are more child like but totally bring it alive, she has a website

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co.uk

but she just released a book today which is excellent... she has 2 stories on depression both in her book and on her website.

i'll have to get her book, I've linked some of her stuff to the forum before, she's fantastically funny and yet hits the nail right on the head. My fave may be God of Cake, or anything with the dogs in!

'my hair is spiders. everything is spiders'

(((asleigh22)))........The website you posted is absolutely great............I'd never heard of it or come across it...............I have just ordered the book too...............so thank you..........I don't know whether you are anything like me, but I am not a person who has to eat brekky, lunch and dinner...........If I am busy or doing things,.........well, in truth, more interesting things than eating (for me anyways)..........then I can not really eat properly for long periods of time................I'm much better at pulling myself up now with this sort of thing, and maybe this is a pulling you up moment...........an alarm moment.........which actually could be a really good thing...............because you have been busy and so much going on with changing jobs etc..........so eating has sort of gone on the back burner for you...............I understand this......The good thing is that now you have become aware, you can take a little bit of time to take more care of your body, and give it some fuel.............but in small portions..........to build yourself up.................to stop you going and slipping into old ways..............It is good you are aware...................Pickles.xxx

pickles thats exactly right, i couldn't have put it better myself!!! i think now that i am aware i know when i should be eating and make more of an effort to get something in me, not a lot at the moment but maybe it'll get easier. i have felt very low recently, for no apparent reason and at first i thought it was because of my job but thats getting easier. now maybe i think its because i haven't been eating properly... in the past i was always so moody when i didn't eat. i don't know though, i just feel unhappy.

did you read her story on depression? my favourite so far is the god of cake, then the party and then dog :) her pictures make me laugh so hard i cry and i NEVER laugh like that, i haven't for years!!

Archived