Mental Health Forums

Anybody Else Come Off Quetiapine?

angel tears

Hi

I am on day 4 of quetiapine withdrawal, I have gone down from 300mg to 250mg for first two days, then 225mg yesterday and I am going down to 200mg today. It has been giving me some evil side effects and I want to get off it. I have put loads of weight on, got restless legs at night, munchies, killer heart burn sometimes, high cholesterol, liver problems all because of this drug plus I have had enough of feeling tired all day. My psych dr knows that I am coming off it plus I have reduced my anti depressant by 50mg. So far I have had bad anger, irritability, feelings of flu, runny nose, shivers, feeling hot and a bad headache yesterday but no stomach probs yet like the last time I tried to come off it which led me to going back on it. Today I have got a mild fever and I am so tired!!!!.

Has anybody else come off this?, how did it make you feel?. I want to have my proper feelings back again and to not feel so numb in my body. It has totally killed my sex drive off!!! plus I don't want to risk getting diabetes any longer.

xxxx

I came off of Seroquel XR. But I'm assuming this is regular Seroquel you are coming off of? As you used its substitute(or whatever it's called) name?

Coming off of Seroquel XR was hell. Truly and literally. I was quite sick for two weeks.

But as I think you mean you are coming off regular Seroquel I'm not sure if the withdrawals would be the same?

As I also came off of Abilify at the same time I'm not sure which drug cause what. However I was nauseated, throwing up, had the runs, muscle cramps, either too cold or too hot, couldn't sleep, skin burned, hurt half the time to even put feet on the floor, migraines, shakes, and such.

I relied on hot showers, heating pads, distractions, over the counter pain meds, and desperately needed cuddles from my mother. There really isn't terrible much else you can do about withdrawals sadly. =(

Hi

I also took Seroquel XR, that's what I am coming off now. Did u just stop the tablets or taper them?. How long did you suffer before you felt ok again?.

xxx

I had an unfortunate occurrence with my insurance and could no longer afford the meds. As such, I ended up going cold turkey from the damn things. My doctor assured me that It would be alright, cause she thought I had stuff to taper down off of. So I'm assuming that if you are tapering it won't be nearly as bad as just dumping the meds.

I spent at least 2 weeks being rather sick, half the time I thought I was dying and half of those times I wanted to die. Though perhaps I shouldn't say all that here and scare the shit out of you. =)

Depending on your original dose and whether or not you are tapering down instead of cold turkey, it can be a good week or two before you feel back in shape.

Hi That sounds horrific Hun, (((hugs))). My original dose was 300mg, I am now down to 200mg today. I have been dropping 25-50mg every day or 2. What dose was you on?. Xxx

I was on quetiapine 600mg a few years ago I came off it on my own whilst I was on holiday I didn't tell anyone I just stopped taking them one day anyway I was really poorly sickness sleeping problems sweats generally feeling unwell and it also affected my mental health. I've just started on the quetiapine again but a lower dose 400mg and although I detest the weight gain and everything that goes with it I have to say it does help mentally. Hope you feel better soon x

Yes I have hallucinated a few times today and once last night as well as feeling unwell and I haven't cut it all out. I do agree with you in that it does help your mental health. It helped me when I needed it. Yeah the weight gain is awful. Do u lose it when you stop taking it? Xxx

Yea I did lose some weight when I stopped taking it but now have put it bak on again which is horrid but saying that I'd rather have to battle with my weight than battle with my mind. x

Archived