Mental Health Forums

Quetiapine Withdrawal In Full Flow

angel tears

Today is the first day without any quetiapine... Feeling very rough. Can't talk properly, bad tummy, fever and chills and my mind is racing like mad!!!. Everything feels like 100mph??? :( hope it passes soon xxx

Hi Angel tears, Can I ask how quickly you tapered from them? I got off 350mg day but had to do it a bit slower than anticipated because of the no sleep factor. Wishing you well, hugs xx am

I only took 100mg a day but it took me quite a while to taper it off. Even when I was taking 25mg every night, I found if I missed my meds I got no sleep. The trick is to do it gradually. Sorry you are struggling :bigarmhug[1]:.

Hi I tapered off 300mg XR in a week. I was told to go slower but I will see how I go. I am still on my trazadone which luckily helps me to sleep so far and I am run down so feeling tired. Xxx

Feeling very low today and only had 3 hours sleep!!!, been itching like mad but a nice warm bath helped that. Gonna make myself go out later and be around people for a bit. To isolate myself would not be good right now even though I feel so low in mood :( but it will pass........

Hi, take care and look after yourself. If you need to do a longer detox because you are finding it difficult there is no shame in that. Its a pretty strong drug and challenging to withdraw from IMHO. Keep us posted, love xx am

Archived