Mental Health Forums

Paranoid About Teeth

ArtMatters

Hey.....ok lately I've been having some minor..yep minor...issues with my teeth

I already went to the dentist that was covered by OW and he said they were fine that I just grind a bit and that's what's causing them to sometimes get a bit of a sharper edge which is making it annoying cuz I already have been anxiety biting the sides of my moutn inside and my tongue

anyways he filed the back one down a bit and it's a bit better......but I still feel paranoid they are fucked up and I'm wondering if I should go to my actual dentist

I know most of my feelings are irrational.....but I think I would feel better just having my dentist that I trust look at it and tell me it's fine

but I don't want to go there because a) they've been bugging me to come for a cleaning and I can't afford it.. I would have to ask my parents for the money which means I would have to see them

B) even if I went there and didn't see my parents and attempted to pay with my credit card (which only sometimes swipes right now because I think the card itself is dying but I don't want to order a new one cuz my parents bought it for me and pay for it, and say I should use it for certain things (i know what they are) and then emergencies...but then everytime I use it they usually get pissy with me anyways which is weird...unless they were the ones who told me.. like if my mom calls me she'll say things like 'oh just put it on the credit card ok?' like it's not a big deal...but if I charge like 10 bucks to it they get annoyed with me or whatever... i dunno it's confusing and fucked

anyways even if I did go there and try to pay on my own I would still have to see them because my dentist is in thier town

So basically I don't know what is worse....to keep irrationally stressing over my teeth.......or to go to the dentist in btown but have to face my parents which = more stress

murp

also I need a hard nightguard but it's not covered by OW......my parents might pay for it if I went to my regular dentist I'm not really sure.....they might not though cuz they will for some things and then not for others but it's always really random I dunno.......but the soft one I have now just keeps falling out when I sleep

Archived