Mental Health Forums

Instant Messaging?

Humblegrub

I'm presuming you mean the personal messages and the in chat messages? It's true it says in the terms and conditions that these are kept on record

" Private messages are monitored to ensure the terms of use are being complied with. This also applies to chat transcripts."

It's in the terms of use which every member agrees to abide by upon signing up. Also it isn't the scary Big Brother affair it sounds like- only administrators can have access to the logs and it's rare that they need to access the logs at all, the only time that they would is if something which is affecting the safety and the terms of use of the forum crops up and it can't be sorted out between people without the help of the logs.

Hope that this helped, any worries can be directed to Lily and I'm sure she'll help put your mind at ease : )

unfortunately no it doesnt!!!! I fully understand admin needing access for terms of safety, but what happens when admin are looking at your Im's when it has nothing to do with that?

Just seems another step should be put in place to let those know whose IM's have been read are being accessed.

The people who can look at out PM's, Do NOT just look at them for no reason at all... If someone has made a complaint against you, And it's to do with PM's then, Of course your PM with this said person will be checked out and dealt with... They won't just go through your PM's, They have better things to do with their time with running this site...

So once again PM's are only checked if you have been reported about something you may of said to someone else via them which is classes as bulling, Threats ect only if the person wants to report about it...

Hi,

Yes we can read PMs but yes weve got far better things to do then to read people's PMs!

Only Josh and I have that access and we only use it when there is an issue that requires us to check it.

For instance someone says I was threatened by PM then we check that so we have proof and can take action. So we do not go around reading PMs for fun!

Lily

Archived