Mental Health Forums

Christmas

Kara.

I'm aware that it's going to be Christmas soon and i wonder how will people here spend their Christmas and what support they might need... It can be a lovely time for some and a really hard time for others.

I will spend Christmas with my small and troubled family. It's quite unpredictable really but i have a feeling that it's not going to be too bad. Just a feeling.

xxx

We will be spending Christmas day at our mothers and then at ours on Boxing Day this year... So I am free from cooking the Christmas dinner this year, Bar the turkey...

starry1 is that ok for you to be alone in the evening or do you think that it would be helpful to find a place to share some food and some warmth?

hugs

xxxx

Thats really sweet of you Karaindrou but I'm working for the next two days after that. We get fed at work (I work in a nursing home) and the day is usually exhausting. I will probably phone my family, treat myself to a christmas pudding and come on here to offer a chat to anyone else who is feeling lonely.

I don't have children so don't really do christmas except at work where it is really busy for us activities organisers.

Thanks for asking

xxxx

Thanks for your reply starry1. Great that you're ok and that you intend to come and see who might be in need of a chat.

I've been thinking of people who might not have a place to go and that they might need someone around for a chat... surely others will be around as well. I always worry about these things :-)

Hugs,

xxxx

My Christmas is starting early as some of the in-laws are going away, so we are having a pre-christmas get together. Christmas day will be spent with just my daughter and husband (and the dog and cat) so will hopefully be fairly relaxed. Boxing Day is then a family get together with my family.

This year my grandparents who both have dementia will be with my grandma's sister so we don't need to arrange around them which will be a lot less stressful. My sister has gone into a bit of a decline (depression and psychotic illness) since her bf left for uni, so I don't know how she will be, last year she wasn't happy at all. Hopefully she will be feeling well enough that day to participate and it will be a merry Christmas for us all. New year will be better this time around, last year I was working night shift at Maccy D's on the eve, and morning shift on the day. When I cycled (idiot) home in the middle of the night on New Years Eve, realised I forgot my keys and had to climb on the roof to get in. Eventful!

You're such a nice person, Karaindrou, for thinking about those who will have a difficult day! I wish Christmas was a good day for everyone but know it's not the case.

I will spend the day with those of my family who live with me all the year along. Minimal committee so there's no family drama. My father is isolated from the family so I'll text him something sweet, even if I know I risk to get only a bitter reply. I'll be with the rest of the family for New Year.

This Christmas I will have no guilt as for the first time I managed to drive to the supermarket and buy presents for those I love.

Archived