Mental Health Forums

What Or Who Has Helped You The Most ?

Havehope

What has helped you the most in your therapy or councelling sessions ? Was it because you had a good , understanding therapist or was it a particular type of therapy.

Strangely, art therapy helped me loads. I think a lot of us here can relate to having an inner child which needs peace, and the colouring and drawing while talking about things can really break down those barriers which stopped you before.

I had 3 years of psychodynamic therapy in french, in France. What helped me the most was being free to be as honest as I liked. Her way of seeing things helped me enormously to move on.

xxx

I agree with OL, i did work with a sandtray last weel and that helped me show how i was feeling. we got stuck with just trying to talk about it

What helped me most is having a respectful psychiatrist who never judged me while I could be honest with him. This mutual confidence was very healing to my opinion.

Belive it or not its been my mother this last year since Jan because without what shes done I wouldnt be here right now. Its still a massive struggle and I can see it in her as well some days, Im not the easiest person to live with with my emotional rollercoaster and many many times I still just want to end it even now but then when I look at her I cant go through with it even though I really want to because it will end her

I did MBCT - Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy. That worked really well for me. For the first time I felt like I was being my own therapist and I became less dependent upon other people.

Archived