Mental Health Forums

Moan About The M.h System Again

pepsimeg

Didnt know where to put this so put it in treatments

guess its a bit of a rant against the m.h system....again

its been 4yrs since ive been with nhs m.h services

but yet again as before they get it all so wrong

what is the problem ? Why cant they get it right ?

I know alot of ppl have problems with m.h systems and its one reason why i turned to private help.

My own dr decided i need to see apsych to sort out the right meds for me he wants me to try a mood stabaliser.

So this morn (sunday ???) (why a sunday??).

Got a phone call from m.h services saying

hi emo its m.h center i ubderstand u want talking therapy can you talk ?

No i said i got friends here can u ring me later. Which is the truth. And i said i dont want talking therapy but can i talk to u later about this.

Yes he says will ring u later.

But i dont get it. How can they confuse needing to see a psych to wanting talking therapy.

Im a bit anoyed to say the least. 4yrs ago it took them 9mnths to get me to see anyone and now they still getting it wrong. Blahhhh

moan over

Ive been passed from pillow to post all the way through so I totally get what you are saying.

A lot of the time its a guessing game with them and they are I THINK actually afraid to diagnose people because if you get the wrong treatment it could lead to sueing them for malpractise and undue stress.

What I dont understand is, I have never taken a degree in psychology etc but most professionals have in the m.h. service. YET they cannot correctly diagnose a patient correctly and its takes years for anyone to even get answers or the right treatment.

I did a bit of research myself in 1 night and knew exactly that I was suffering with Manic Despression and BPD straight away. Its clear as day in my medical history I suffer from this yet they still have not diagnosed me yet but thats going to change this week because Im going to make them do it.

I simply cannot understand the m.h. services at all or the treament from many therapists or councellors you receive. Its not only time wasting and costly for the NHS but it prolongs the correct treatment of patients.

Its gets me so angry and pissed off with them because I feel they have shit on me and let me completely self destruct my life bit by bit when I could have had help (The right form of help) a long time ago.

Very bitter

Yes same here. Which is why i see a private therapist. One. I actually get seen quicker and two. I can be incontrol of my treatment rather than be made to feel i have to be grateful for a few wks treatment on the nhs.

I understand they cash strapped and have alot of ppl to see.

I undertsand your anger too as i have been messed about too.

Its not anger its complete rage Emo Its like they have let me destroy my life and watched it happen but as long as their alright with their nice big fat cheques every month and have a nice life its ok

Hi Emo and RetroPhil.

but as long as their alright with their nice big fat cheques every month and have a nice life its ok

I had this exact thought on a few occasions during this year, when I felt unheard. I felt really angry and despaired on these few occasions.

The annoying thing today was went to councellors (Therapists) and had a direct chat at the start of the hour about why I have not yet been dianosed with BPD as well as having Depression because after being admitted into hospital, seeing a number of psychiatrists and councellors doctors over the last almost 20 years including crisis councelling for 9 months this year, Im sure that they know by now whats wong with me and how I feel.

The Answer to those questions from the councellor was "How do you know you have BPD phil"

Its obvious, DER, I know how I feel and what Im like everyday and you should too with all the doctors, therapy etc after all youre the professional with the degrees in psychology not me and I have to diagnose myself and suggest it. Its like Im doing youre job for you because youre all too afraid to committ to a diagnosis and give out the wrong treatment when actually you are right now.

Oh guess what ? They never rang back yesterday or today.

It so annoys me too that time and time again i hear this from ppl here that they fail to ring back wen promise and they wonder why we have no faith in any of them

bah humbug....well it is xmas

Archived