Mental Health Forums

I Feel Pressure To Put On A Smiley Christmas Face ...do You ?

Havehope

I`m not a total ` bah humbug` but I know I`ll feel pressure to put on a christmas front ...do you ?? I find it all a bit false but hey I suppose we all do this...

I'm even more of a bah humbug - I just don't care. I don't plaster on a smile or anything. I don't go to parties (hate them) and I don't spend money I haven't got on a mound of food that I'll never eat.

It's just ONE day - and when it's over, you wonder what all the fuss was. Do what pleases YOU, and if that means a sandwich in the park, feeding the ducks, watching a DVD or just going for a nice walk - do that. It's YOUR day. There's no pressure. Who are these mysterious people who seem to think "they" can tell us what to do and how to feel. Bugger it, I say. Take a couple of days off, rest, relax and enjoy yourself.

i agree, what a waste of time and money for one day. you are forced by advertisers to spend far too much, to eat and drink far too much. and for what? For the birth of Jesus Christ? is that ever mentioned?

Poor Jesus hardly gets a look in anymore!! I say make the day whatever you want it to be. For me I need to keep it simple. We are never forced to do or buy anything...... Break from the mould and just do what feels right :) xxx

Hi

Yes hun i do believe in Jesus :) i am going to a Carol concert tomorrow. It's nice to meet another believer and to see that the true meaning of Christmas hasn't been lost yet!!!!. xxxx

Yup, it's all horribly commercial & far too much pressure on having a good time which, for me, then makes it into a bad time because I get panicked that I'm not utterly happy, I feel I'm bringing everyone else down, etc, etc. Still, this year was a Christmas without a suicide attempt so I'm seeing it as a win!!!

Being a musician too makes Christmas very long & very busy whilst sucking all the meaning & fun out of it.

Archived