Mental Health Forums

Sinaia With Bpd

Sinaia

I have BPD. Since I know I don't seem to enjoy anything anymore. It's like being easy to read.i feel like I don't have a personality of my own, I've lost my self confidence. I feel like I'm not an unique person, i feel as if i was a bad person. Am i a bad person? Please help me, I'm only 17 and i wanna get out of this! Somehow!

Hope I am in the right place!

Hey Sinaia,

Sounds like you're having a really rough time. Having to live with BPD at seventeen must be horrible, I'm really sorry. However, I think you've come to a really great place for support. The people here are all lovely and exceptionally kind, I'm sure you'll find all the help you need. If there's any help you need please don't desitate to ask. I also sincerely doubt you are a bad person, I look forward to getting to know you better.

Take care,

Ash

hello and welcome :) so sorry you had to have this diagnosis at such a yung age. You have come to the right place for support i can tell you. Hope you enjoy your time here.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Sinaia! While I don't know you, I would venture to say you are not a bad person, but having difficulties incorporating and making sense in your mind where the bad parts fit it. Few, if any people, are all bad or a bad person. Doing bad things does not make you a bad person, and you being here and wanting help is a good sign that you want to work on it! I think having BPD can be alienating, because most of the people around you can probably not understand there are some real differences in how you process emotions and struggle greatly with this--and it's not your fault! It just means you have a lot to learn and work on. Many people think you should just shape up, while it doesn't just happen without help for the person with BPD. I hope you get the help and support you need. (The feeling you are bad is what they call "splitting" and is something many with BPD struggle with).

xo Hellogoodbye

And the not enjoying anything anymore part, it sounds as if you might be depressed, which makes everything more difficult :( Are you getting treated for depression?

Hi Sinaia, welcome :)

So sorry to hear you are going through this, and at such a vunerable age as well x

I also have BPD, only diagnoised 3 months ago. I can totally understand where you are coming from when you say you feel as though you do not have your own personality. Just remember though....we are all flawed, none of us perfect. It's just that people like us have a harder time of it and need some help to keep us on an even keel. What medication do you take (if any)? I am currently being weaned off anti-psychotic drugs after taking them for 10 months, I had enough and just want the real me baqck, flaws and all.

I hope you find lots of support on here, I'm a newbie too(as of yesterday!) Big Hug to you,

Ellie xx

Archived