Mental Health Forums

Hi For The Third Time :)

IsaacClarke

Hi all! Actually, its my third time introducing myself on this forum. My name's Maga, I'm 23, and I'm Russian. I have BPD and had an OCD in a past. Pardon my English. There isn't any therapist available in where I live, so I'm dealing with this illness on my own. To be honest, its not that hard as it was a few years ago, I'm much more sociable now, but there are some little problems here and there. I found out that I need to work on my self-esteem, that's why I started to work out. I don't work or study anywhere atm. Ok, so that's it. I don't even know why am I entering this forum for the third time, maybe its because I just want to talk to someone? I don't know. Anyway, have a nice day. =)

Then, welcome for the third time! :)

Feel free to read and join our posts or to make yours from the start. English isn't my native language either.

Welcome Isaac. You are welcome here of course, but I am curious and my question if you dont mind: Someone must have diagnosed you. Did this person have no suggestion for a therapy?

P.S. I think your english is very good!

P.P.S. What in the world is "Nail-bending"?

Nail bending is my little hobby, its basically just bending a steel 9 inches long nails and making some odd shaped things out of them with bare hands. It helps to improve my wrist grip strength, and I also like the idea of bending steel. It just makes me feel mentally strong. :)

And about therapy - well, there are 4 or 5 therapists out there, but I've tried them all with no luck. I just couldn't trust them, whenever I visited them I just thought all they care about is my money, not my actual treatment. And they just didn't seem that qualified in PD-treatment to me. And I've heard that DBT isn't available in Russia at all, therapists mostly use CBT or something called Geshtalt therapy, and I don't even know what that means. :)

I hope you find some support on here, Isaac. I know of Gestalt Therapy - read a book on it once. It was actually quite good! Many people on here have tried DBT and it doesnt work for them or they just dont like it. But I dont want to deter you. There is a training manual on DBT you can buy and learn the skills without a DBT therapist - and on your own. It is called "Dialectic Behavioral Therapy Training Manual" by Marsha Linehan.

I wish you Happy Holidays :) tc,

Elke

Archived