Mental Health Forums

Have I Ruined My Shoes?

lonelyheartemma

My sister gave me some gorgeous green suede heels for Christmas and I just spilled a cup of tea all over one of them :(

I'm trying to dry them off but I know suede and wetness doesn't really go and I don't want them to stink of off milk forever (the milk isn't off now but it will be if I can't get it out of the shoes)

Hi Emma!

I have heard that dabbing suede items with white vinegar on a soft cloth can help with food stains after the main spill has been removed! I know vinegar to be a good deodorant in cleaning anything really (once the smell of vinegar fades after an hour or two!) So if there is still a milk smell you could try that. Then apply the spray when they are as clean as poss and dry to repel further spills.

Thank you Hopeangel :) It's nice to talk to you.

That's really interesting, I'll see if we've got some white vinegar and if not I'll add it to the shopping list!

• 2 weeks later...

They're fine, thank you for asking! They don't look stained and they don't smell so I think this time I got away with it and next time I'll be more careful. I haven't done any shopping yet, I was worried about my bank balance tbh but it's actually higher than it was before I bought my Christmas presents!

Archived