Mental Health Forums

The Wonders Of Waking Up

piercepd

I thought I had this nailed a bit for a while but apparently I'm back to having the following waking up pattern:

* I'm awake.

* no, i'm not, i'm going back to sleep.

* I'm awake but clinging onto the dream.

* I'm awake, I'm ok, I'm positive.

* It all comes crashing in on me & the glorious 5-10 seconds of peace shatters & I start counting the hours to when I can be unconscious again.

What a day of fun. :confused02:

Stupidly, I'm getting a load of sleep, I've done the constantly awake thing too many times not to beg for more tablets!!

I just wish it were 24 hours a day, it's that time when you leave the lovely sleep & the horror of reality kicks in which is killing me daily.

Dammed right, one thing of which illness has never and WILL never rob me is my capacity to laugh at things, including self and my capacity to be an idiot/the jester. I believe absolutely in the words of my avatar.

I have the same problem but sometimes I cannot decide what is real, what was the dream and what was the nightmare. It is a horrible way to wake up but like you I do try to find humour in the situation - let's hope we can both laugh and let out humour ride above the awfulness xx

Yeah, I appreciate that one alright, I did a spell about 4 years ago where I spent 6 months never knowing if I was awake & thinking or asleep & dreaming. I don't care what I have to do/take to sleep these days, I'm not going back to that place, scared the whatsits out of me!!

"Don't let the buggers get you down, laugh at them instead; it not only confuses them & deflates their egos, laughing is good for you."

Archived