Mental Health Forums

New Year's Resolutions

piercepd

So on a thread yesterday, we were discussing these things & whether or not we should make them, how much pressure they are, if we're only doing it for the sake of it, how tricky they are to stick to, etc, etc. (Although not compared to knee-flossing.)

I mentioned that I tend to make my own resolutions & rules as I go & that makes them easier to stick to.

I was talking to "the girl" this afternoon & she was saying that she's spending New Year's Eve alone in her flat as a symbolic thing to her to start the new year alone & independent, not beholden to anyone or anything. I then saw a graphic on fb that I've attached. I reposted it with the line "Actually, it's going to be worse. My *ONE* new year's resolution, take far less from people."

So that's mine, because it's come organically & it seems a good time to underline this thing on which I'm working.

So the question here (eventually) is, is anyone else actually bothering &, if so, is it a small thing or a big part of working on your recovery/survival?

lets take a positive thought.

Me I will even though I tried to give up drinking. I will and then I will give up smoking like I did 6yrs ago.

Other is I wil be in more contact with friends and go to my appointments.

Going to take this year as a person who has no life to live.

Got a few appointments so this is me knowing and finding out if I have a future.

Archived