Mental Health Forums

*tentative* Hey

Riverspell

So....I'm back. And hopefully not such a terrible person.

My mood is back in a steady place. Or so we hope. Meds adjusted and all that.

Besides that, despite how much I dislike such things, I am to be an auntie. My brother (who is actually younger than me) was married in October. He and his wife are already expecting a little one. While I hate babies (and weddings in general) I feel I should stick around for a bit. To at least meet the little beast. Right? They've nicknamed it Thumper. I'm not joking. They don't know the gender, so Thumper it is.

I've told my brother that if he visits and expects me to hold it, he will be disappointed. If he foists it on me, he will lose his head. Told him to try and take care of a baby headless. After all, the headless horseman never married did he? Let alone have a child!

I don't like babies. I really don't. My current record for baby holding was 15 mins and 24 secs. Before it was thrust back into the hands of its mother while I ran for the bathroom. Stupid thing had chewed on my hair and drooled down my neck. I literally detest babies and children in general. Having pretty much raised my own siblings and whoever my mother was babysitting, I well know how much of a problem they are.

Anyways.

I'm back. If I'm unwanted after my....episode, do tell me. Honestly. I don't want to hurt and disturb others.

Hey river was thinking of you just yesterday... it's good to hear from you... auntie aye even though you protest I bet your gonna be a great aunty I can tell...x

Hi Riverspell

Good to see you back :)

I'm an aunty to 2 children and although children have never been totally comfortable with me, I'm glad to have little ones in my life...hopefully you'll feel the same one day and I agree with Jelly-I think you'll be a lovely aunty

Glad you're feeling a bit better

xxx

Very warm welcome back, dear lovely Riverspell! I'm happy to see you here. I personally feel awkward with babies myself but I'm the auntie of 2 little wonders of humanity and I can tell that them being a part of your family can make a difference in how you feel around them. I wish you a lot of family love.

Hello there,

Yes! Someone else with it! They're nasty, smelly little things! And whenever they're given to me they make hugely loud noises, not great for my self esteem but definitely a bonus when one wants not to handle them.

Glad to hear your mood & meds are more settled. :) Welcome back.

Archived