Mental Health Forums

Self-Pitying

IsaacClarke

There's one thing. Whenever I want to post something on this forum and seek some support, I see it as some sort of self-pitying, which I really hate. I keep telling myself I must face my problems alone, without anyone's help. And while dating someone, I'm always afraid of showing my mood swings or anything about my bpd, cuz girls here are really the type that want a guy to be overall manly and masculine and bla bla. There, I've totally lost the point of my topic. I think I just need to move to another city.

Isaac! Its not self-pity, it is very strong to be able to ask for the help you need! xx

Maybe you just have not yet met the right girl, or maybe you need to work (with help) on your own issues before you can be in a beneficial relationship but I think there is someone for everyone! You will meet when the time is right!

Concentrate on your own needs first, would be my advice, then you can find yourself in a place where you can share with another!

Thanks for your kind words, Hopeangel. It has always been tough for me to find someone whom I could completely trust. I just push everyone away after a few weeks. I agree with you, I just haven't met the right people. I live in a very religious republic on the south of Russia amongst very close-minded people, so yeah, I need to move somewhere else. Thanks again. :)

Archived