Mental Health Forums

Mum To 3 Amazing Boys And Proud....but Under The Dark Cloud Also.

ellie g

Hi everyone, I'm Ellie, I'm 41, married and am "as above ". I live in the beautiful English countryside.....sounds good so far right lol?!

I have had chronic depression for most part of 14 years. I was recently diagnosed with emotionally unstable personality disorder along with anxiety attacks and social phobia.

I have not used one of these sites before so a bit unsure but I so need the support that well-meaning husbands, psychiatrists and psychologists plus useless G.P's cannot quite reach.

I am currently withdrawing from anti - psychotic drug, Risperidone and having a nightmarish time. I have come off gradually but in under 3 weeks I am now virtually unable to function daily as I am so far down in that deep dark place, not wanting to live, you know, the worst place possible. I hear these are withdrawal symptoms and that they do not last ...does anyone know ? My psych is just evasive when I ask.

I hope I can also offer comfort and support to you all too whenever I can. Ellie.

Hi ellie and welcome to the forum.

I have not been on Risperidone so have no experience with it but I am sure other members will have,

Hope that you find what you're looking for here :) xx

Archived