Mental Health Forums

Appointment With My Gp...

ashleigh22

I've just gotten back and felt i needed to go over everything before i forgot because i usually do, firstly i went because I've been feeling so physically unwell like dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, shaking and fainting.... however i eat fine, i drink enough water, I've been more stressed though and feeling really depressed, i lost some weight for no reason and because its been going on for a while i felt a bit worried...

she took my blood pressure and listened to my heart and nothing apart from a slight dip when i stood up... i feel quite disappointed because i feel so crappy and she basically said nothing was wrong, does anyone else have these symptoms and an explanation?

she put it down to stress and my age (23) that young girls commonly have low blood pressure and faint when they stand up. but she's put me in for a blood test to be sure... however I've also had this done a few years ago because of the same reasons and i got nothing from it, waste of time if I'm honest.

i kind of wish there was a way to make my blood tests abnormal just so she would look into it a bit further.

we also discussed a therapy thats coming up for me, its the first time i'll have done any kind of group therapy and I'm shitting myself, mainly talking about stuff in front of so many people, theres the group but then theres a glass window that other people stand behind and take notes on each patient. my GP said that the other group members will feel exactly the same and that we probably have similar stories so i shouldn't be worried, can anyone ease my mind? i actually can't wait till its over.

Archived